Wii Fit vs Bathroom Scale

amcswain01
amcswain01 Posts: 26 Member
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been seeing about a 3-4 pound difference when using my Wii Fit board vs. my home WW bathroom scale. The Wii Fit one has me lighter so of course I favor that one. Does anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    do you have any weights at home?? i usually try to balance my scale at home
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    I find mine is all over the place.
    Yesterday I stood on the Wii and it told me I'd put 5lb on since the day before.
    I re-did the test and it then said I'd gained 1lb.
    My scales said no change.

I don't trust it really and just use it as a guestimate for calorie loss.
  • amcswain01
    Yeah, I do have some weights at home. I'll try that. I'm thinking the Wii Fit isn't overly accurate.
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    yup
    common concern.
    if it's on the carpet it's off and just use one scale that has been calibrated that you know is accurate.:tongue:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    If your balance board is on a hard surface, it should be pretty accurate. If you have carpet, try putting it on a thin board, like a shelf from an adjustable bookshelf, or a 1x12 piece of lumber cut to the right length. That should make it more accurate.

That said, you should only rely on one scale for keeping an eye on your progress. All scales will vary at least a little bit, even if they're sitting side by side. And they all need a hard surface to work properly. So if you're comfortable using your bathroom scale, use it and don't worry about what the Wii says. Or if you trust the Wii, use that. The actual number doesn't count for much -- what you need to be looking at is progress and change, and you can't gauge that properly if you're relying on different scales for your numbers.
  • The Wii Fit accounts for 2-3 pounds for clothes, doesn't it? That's why I thought it was lower than my scale. I might be wrong but that is what I have been telling myself. I'm not as concerned about the actual number it says, as I am the fact that the number must go DOWN from there!!
  • amcswain01
    Thanks for all the replies! When I weigh myself on the Wii board I put it on our hardwood floor. I think I'll just appreciate numbers going down regardless of which scale I use.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Mine is the opposite- my Wii Fit normally tells me I weigh more, and it is normally between 3-5 lbs
This discussion has been closed.