Pedometer calories

Options
How do I add calories burned from my pedometer? Do I just add it in as walking and the calories it says I burned?

Replies

• etmpsn
    etmpsn Posts: 8
    Options
    this is such a great question, i just got a pedometer the other day and have been trying to figure out the same thing. idk how to track it on here. hopefully someone here does.
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    YES. SIMPLE RULE OF THUMB 100 CALORIES PER MILE AND ON AVERAGE 2000 STEPS PER MILE. SO ABOUT .05 CALORIES PER STEP
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't count them at all I just use the pedometer to keep me moving. I make sure I hit the 10K each day and do at least 30 minutes of workout each day also.
  • mrsgcnaylor
    Options
    Click on Contact at the bottom of the page and submit the question to tech support, they may already have your answer as a part of the FAQ page.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    yes, you just add it in as walking, and you may alter the calories burned section if you wish.
  • mobymarsh
    mobymarsh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i have found a great free app for my nokia N7 it is called the wellness diary it has a pedometer in it and counts my steps every where i carry my phone at work today i did 6538 steps which burned 290 calories