Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Veggie recipes

Hello,

I'm trying to incorporate more veggies into my diet and the rest of my families too. I was hoping some folks would be willing to share their vegetable recipes because as much as I like salad I also like variety.

Thank you! :smile:

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    I find that spending time on the Cooking Light website has a TON of ways to add veggies into my diet. Good luck!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    I don't have many "recipes" but I enjoy eating mixed veggies, carrots and hummus, sweet potatoes with Tony's seasoning, steamed broccoli and cauliflower with a light cheese sauce or parmesan sprinkled on top, and steamed asparagus. :)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    I love to roast veggies.... chop up whatever ones you like (zucchini, asparagus, broccoli, red peppers, onions,) and light spray w/olive oil. Then bake at 400 for about 10 - 15 min (or until tender). Also love, love, love to grill them! Same thing, slice them up, light spray w/olive oil and grill.

Pureed veggies can be added to everything! Sauces, meatloafs, casseroles, etc.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    EVERYTHING is better grilled, try slicing summer squash and throwing it on the barby, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, all are MMMMMM good on the grill.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    THanks for the heads up on the cooking light web-site, just checked it out of r a couple seconds and it looks awesome.
  • I just made a delicious ratatouille last night that even hubbie liked. Told me I can make it again anytme. Got the recipe from a South Beach pamphlet that Kraft put out:
    1 lge egg plant (cut into bite sized pieces-with skin on)
    1 med red pepper (cut into 1/2 in wide strips then cut crosswise in half)
    1 med onion (sliced into 1/1 in thick slices--I would cut them once more crosswise)
    1 med zucchini (cut into 1/2 in thick slices)
    1/4 c. Kraft Carbwell Light Italian Dressing ( I couldn't find this so I used Good seasons Zesty It Dress and cut the oil to 2 T of Canola)
    1 can diced tomatoes undrained (I didn't have this so I used stewed tomatoes with basil & garlic)
    1/2 c. 2% Mozarella Cheese
    2 Tbs Grated Parmesan Cheese
    Mix all veggies except for tomatoes in a large skillet with the 1/4 c. of dressing, cook on med for 6-8 minutes or until veggies are tender and lightly browned. (Took mine about 10 minutes)
    Add tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
    Top witht he cheese and cook another 5 minutes with a lid on.
    Makes8 servings of about 1 cup each
    Nutrition info per serving (using the Carbwelll Dressing)
    70 calories, 2.5 grams total fat, 1g sat fat, 5mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 10g carb, 4g dietary fiber, 4 g protein
    Hope you like it! I thought it was easy and yummy!