Light Mayonaise

Options
Has anyone compared the taste of real mayonaise to that of light mayo? I have tried eating sandwiches without dressing to cut back on the high fat and calories in mayo but its just not the same. I was looking at trying light mayo but wanted to know if (as they claim) the taste truly is the same as real or close to the real taste before buying it.

Replies

• skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I am a MAYO LOVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I have just tried Hellmans Light and its not bad at all!!!!!
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    buy fat free miracle whip and I LOVE it! But I have been eating it for so long that I dont even remember what regular mayo tastes like to compare lol!
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    I am a big fan of Miracle Whip Light!!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I eat Miracle Whip Light, and it's amazing. :o) I also like Hellmans Light.
  • jenifer4
    Options
    Light Hellsman is good!
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I like Kraft Lite with Olive Oil
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I ordered light mayo with my subway sandwich today and I didn't taste a different. I have bought light Hellman's in the past and was fine. I just didn't like the Hellman's w/ Olive Oil :sick: . My co-worker suggested I switch from mayo to olive oil blend (subway condiment). I guess that is a good alternative. Mayo is just essentially oil and egg :smile: .
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options

This is the one I use as well. It's yummy, and Olive oil is good for you :flowerforyou:
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I prefer light mayo and haven't used real mayo in the longest time.
  • loushep
    loushep Posts: 191
    Options
    I use lighter than light mayo for my tuna mayonnaise. It is a little different but still nice and i think once you get used to it you forget how you liked the higher fat version better anyway. It just becomes the norm
  • DawniesLife
    Options

I agree also! This is the kind we use in our home! Love it!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Smart Beat Mayo - 10 calories tbsp
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I like reduced fat mayo, but NOT fat free mayo. :sick: :noway:
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the taste of light mayo. Ick. And, I can notice it even as an ingredient when it's used in potato salads or egg salad. I switched to Miracle Whip b/c at least it's a different flavor completely.

But, why don't you try vinegar or something along those lines? Super low-cal way to get a little flavor in your sandwich and not have it dry. Mustard works well too.
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    One-half of a laughing cow light only adds like 20-25 calories and is a good creamy spread.
  • Tunisha123
    Options
    I ordered light mayo with my subway sandwich today and I didn't taste a different. I have bought light Hellman's in the past and was fine. I just didn't like the Hellman's w/ Olive Oil :sick: . My co-worker suggested I switch from mayo to olive oil blend (subway condiment). I guess that is a good alternative. Mayo is just essentially oil and egg :smile: .
  • Tunisha123
    Options
    i think that Kraft mayo is good and i usually dont even like mayonaise
  • helenamonks
    Options
    I can't eat light mayo, it tastes like miracle whip. If I am gonna eat crap, I'm gonna eat the crap that tastes good..

I started using mission brand guacamole on sandwiches instead of mayo, its like 1/3 the calories and gives your sandwich a really nice zing.

I think its listed as dip, but I checked it out thoroughly.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I like light miracle whip :-)
  • HoagKimberly
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. However I absolutely HATE miracle whip!