Do you eat your activity points?

blogger79
blogger79 Posts: 14
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Just wondering.. do you eat the points you earned through exercise everyday?

If so, how has this impacted your weight loss?

If not, how has this impacted your weight loss?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Ive just started but I try not to eat them
  • I dont think that I've been doing it long enough to give advice, but I lost weight like crazy the last time I was on a diet, I more or less look at it as, a cushion, I dont force myself to eat if I'm not hungry, but I know that if I do get hungry I can. I'm honestly losing the same regardless, its all about what you eat.

If you still eat icecream sundaes, youll have an ice cream sundae butt. ;)
  • Only 3/4 of them...not all.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,562 Member
    MFP gives me a calorie allowance of 1200 per day. I can't live on that, I get too hungry and since I workout alot, I need to fuel my body. I do well when I eat around 1600 per day. My weight loss is consistent (.5-1.0 lb. per week and since I don't have a lot to lose, that's pretty reasonable) and I'm not starving. I also don't do math and subtract out my existence calories from what my HRM says I burned during my exercise period (you know, what I would have burned just by being alive). So, I eat around 400 of my calories per day. Some days I have a net of only 750 calories (which some folks will swear puts you immediately into starvation mode) and some days I am over 1200. This works for me and I have found that when I did eat most of my calories back, I stopped losing. It's a very individual thing and you will have to play with the numbers to see what works FOR YOU.
  • LOL!! I just realized I put "activity POINTS" like Weight Watchers but I meant calories.. LOL! Thank you so far for all the answers..
This discussion has been closed.