Strenght Training Exercises

Options
Can anyone help me with out with some Strenght Training Exercises ??? I am a newbie and need some advice Thank You

Replies

• spunky_spit_fire
    spunky_spit_fire Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am sorry I posted this in the wrong place
  • Stevie1247
    Options
    Strenght training is so good and produces great results. i found all of my work outs at www.bodybuilding.com. Don't be put of by the 'body building' bit. The site has so many exersices and plans for all fitness levels. give it a go! xx
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Strenght training is so good and produces great results. i found all of my work outs at www.bodybuilding.com. Don't be put of by the 'body building' bit. The site has so many exersices and plans for all fitness levels. give it a go! xx

I agree. Body building.com has a section where they will show you proper form on how to do various strenght training workouts. They also have several workout plans you can try to follow. Most mens fitness magazines also have some pretty good workouts, with pictures, and explanations on how to do them.
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    I don't know what you already do- here is the schedule I have set up for myself.. though it may change some
    - Monday
    bench or chestpress (depending on if I have a spotter- cp is a machine)
    incline bench (machine)
    free weight press
    tricept pull (machine)
    fly (machine)
    pullups (from machine that helps)
    crunchs/situps or use crunch machine
    -Tuesday [for me this is a work pt day and some of this may vary)
    fly (machine back side)
    deadlift
    row (machine)
    diverging lat pull down (machine)
    free weight pull
    crunchs/situps
    -Wednesday
    military press
    shrugs
    side lift-free weight (works shoulders)
    front lift ("")
    Dips (on machine that helps)
    tricept pull (machine)
    crunchs/situps
    -Thursday
    squats
    calf raises (machine or free weight)
    Machines that work leg muscles-- havent gotten the names of these machines yet
    Kettle bells
    -Friday
    this is my work pt day and I'm not sure what is planned.

I also do some cardio if not every day then every other. If you need to you can break some of this up. I do 3-4 sets of 10 each with increased weight per set... as weight increases if you can't get 10 do what you can-- next time you'll be stronger. Most of my free weights are between 5lbs-25lbs, on average I use 15lb. Some of these, if your not sure, a worker at the gym should be able to help.

Hope this helped some, good luck.
  • spunky_spit_fire
    spunky_spit_fire Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    ok that is some hardcore work outs that I am not ready for lol I am just starting this Healthy Eating For Better Life but I will keep this in mind for the next couple of weeks Thank You so much for taking the time to tell me about it :-)