Calorie Burn of Just Dance 2?

Options
Does anyone know approximately how many calories Just Dance 2 burns? Just did it for 25 minutes, but have no idea how to record it!

Replies

• StillicideTH
    Options
    I put it under modern dance on the exercise tracker, it was around 250-300 calories.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I exercise with that game as well. I've been recording it as 'Dancing, General'.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I exercise with that game as well. I've been recording it as 'Dancing, General'.

I also record it as this
  • Jody1949
    Jody1949 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The literature that comes with the CD says you burn a thousand calories in 20 minutes. If you use the sweat option it records about 250 calories per song. My wife and I think this is too high and so we try to do all of the kneelifts and twists that are involved and then we log 750 calories for 20 minutes.:love:

Jody
  • BrittneyBreAnn
    Options
    i do general dancing and then just change the time.
    if you burn more than what it says then no harm right? (:
  • iaveytua
    Options
    I found this link that might help for calories burned while playing Just Dance 2
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/How-Many-Calories-does-the-Wii-Just-Dance-Game-Burn/4h/
  • butterflyfaerie
    butterflyfaerie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help, everyone!
  • heididea
    Options
    30 minutes of Just Dance 2 burns roughly 225 calories. this is also my fitness 'regime' lol. and i've already noticed a toned difference. it's definitely a great way to get in shape. hope this helps. also, for everyone else: i started using MFP about a month ago, and i noticed most of your posts are from the beginning of the year. when i first started, i had to log Just Dance 2 under 'dancing, modern' etc. also. i have recently added Just Dance 2 to the list of exercises, so you can find it there. :)
  • thebetterme2011
    Options
    30 minutes of wii just dance burns from 190 to 210 calories.
  • candisweet
    Options
    I use this as my regiment also and have done tons of research on it. In "Just Sweat" mode, you accumulate "sweat points". Every 4.2 sweat points burns 1 calorie. In the "Intense Program" you try to earn 2000 sweat points a day, which burns about 476 calories. Or if you just round the 4.2 up to 5 (which you should admitting we don't put all of our effort into every move) you burn 400 calories and feel good knowing you actually did a little bit more than that! Good luck!
  • missktdanger
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com says approx 20calories per song
  • biologic
    Options
    The literature that comes with the CD says you burn a thousand calories in 20 minutes. If you use the sweat option it records about 250 calories per song. My wife and I think this is too high and so we try to do all of the kneelifts and twists that are involved and then we log 750 calories for 20 minutes.:love:

Jody

i have trouble believing anyone can burn 1000 calories in 20 minutes. that's 50 calories per minute which is more calories than you burn from sprinting at full speed.
  • angjindra
    angjindra Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Im going to have to agree, maybe it says you burn that many, but I have all 3 of the games and play them sometimes. I do however run everyday and my work out is 10 times as hard as the game and It would take a VERY fast and long run to burn 1000 calories.
  • angelakeagan
    Options
    Mild Program - 300 points per day is about 72 calories
    Tough Program - 1000 points per day is about 238 calories
    Intense Program - 2000 points per day is about 476 calories
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I found this link that might help for calories burned while playing Just Dance 2
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/How-Many-Calories-does-the-Wii-Just-Dance-Game-Burn/4h/

These calculations were for a person who was 131 lbs, btw!
  • michellemaeb
    michellemaeb Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great info everyone, I use JD2 and JD3 as part of my at home workouts, Thanks! DANCE ON!
  • catcatx
    Options
    Quick Q for people with these games - how much space do you actually need to do the dances? I really want a wii and this game, but I have a feeling i'll fall over the sofa/smash the tv if I try and use it in the TINY space I have!
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    How much is burnt playing Call of Duty? lol

Just picked up Kinect...
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Quick Q for people with these games - how much space do you actually need to do the dances? I really want a wii and this game, but I have a feeling i'll fall over the sofa/smash the tv if I try and use it in the TINY space I have!

Depends how tiny! lol I have about 5'x5' to move in but for some things I just don't move as much (like if a step requires me to walk forward or back, I may go 1 or 2 steps but then walk in place the rest of the time). The biggest obstacle is how far from the tv you need to be. I think you are supposed to ideally be 8-10' away (you can probably find this info on the website) when you play with the wii. I think I'm a bit closer - 7' maybe and it still works ok but I can get out of range if I move too far left or right. Hope that helps.
  • joolsweb
    joolsweb Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I log both just dance 2 and 3 at about 1 calorie per 10 sweat points i.e. 3000 sweat points equals 300 calories - I've been doing it about 5-7 times a week since Christmas and logging it, eating back exercise calories etc and lose aprtox 2lbs a week, which is my goal and what MFP has me set at, so I'm finding it a fairly accurate measure and would rather be underestimating than overestimating. Good luck.