Hi everyone!

Options
Hi,

I'm Emma, from the UK, in my early twenties, and 174 lbs (5'1''). I've dieted on and off in the past, but after hitting my lowest weight on 150 lbs I rose all the way up to 180 lbs and have been in and around that level ever since.

I'm a third year student, a writer, and I eventually want to become a primary school teacher.

This time I'm not focusing on the numbers or the diet itself (I'm sticking to my calorie goal though, but only going to weigh myself once or twice a month). Instead I'm going to focus on running - I'm doing the Couch to 5K programme because I've always wanted to be a runner but have always got breathless in seconds.

As motivation I have signed up for the Race for Life 5K in June for Cancer Research. Hoping this will keep me going when things get tough!

Would love some new friends to motivate me!

Replies

• franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    welcome and feel free to add me as a friend if you like. :happy:
  • arielboyer
    Options
    Hi Emma.

My name is Ariel and I'm from the US. My husband is a big fan of the C25K program and we even have our 14-year-old son doing it. Both of them are asthmatic, so if they can do it you can, too! We are planning on running the Race for the Cure in May as a family. My husband and I are both getting into running and can definitely be cheerleaders. Feel free to add me as a friend.

We're here for you! Good luck!
    Ariel