Bonjour!

Options
I'm currently at school wanting to lose weight to further my career. I was just wondering whether anyone else here finds that having someone else helps with weight loss (I can't talk to my friends because I'll just look like I'm fishing for complimentsor they'll become suspicious as to whether I have an eating disorder :/)

Replies

• amycrims
    Options
    yes, i agree 100%. the friends i have that are thinner are just like- oh you're not fat, you look great- and then complain about their own weight which feels like a joke to me and then i don't even wanna say anything about trying to lose weight with my other heavy friends. this site is great cause its people who are all doing this together and the motivation is great!! friend me if you like :)
  • SWoW
    SWoW Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It helps sooo much! When I try to get fit by myself I get tired of it and eventually just quit. We are doing a fat club a work and it is so much fun to compete, talk about how everyone is trying to reach their goals, and even working out together. Whether you weight 130 lbs or 350lbs, it is about getting your body healthy and making yourself feel better! Get yourself an accountablity partner...I promise you will stay motivated! Best of luck!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Well considering you are 5'11" and 130 lbs wanting to lose 15 lbs does seem a bit much. You are already "under" the healthy BMI range. I guess that is what modeling requires of you?
  • MrsHGreeny
    MrsHGreeny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello 2nd day today :) Im Holly. SW 149
    GW 133

Need to slim down for my wedding :)
  • Miantiao11
    Options
    thanks so much for your positive reply! Finding friends here would prbably be wise as I can't confide in my own for aforementioned reasons..
  • Miantiao11
    Options
    Wow, you work sounds amazing and I wish I could have such a thing in my life! Most my friends decide to go for it alone when trying to lose weight which and tbh I'm kinda scared of joining in with their weight loss talks :/ thanks for the words of wisdom :)
  • Miantiao11
    Options
    hey, thank you for your concern :smile:

Despite the fact that I do appear rather stick-like, I can still see areas where I can lose weight and fashion modelling as opposed to commercial modeling is so bitterly competitive that I don't think my current weight could cut it. I may be underweight, but a lot of high fashion models have BMIs of 16-18..I used to have a BMI of 17.0 but was probably healthier then than I was now, as even though I don't (generally) consume huge amounts, what I do consume is mainly chocolate/cake in amounts disproportionate to the amount of healthy food I eat. So hopefully less sugar/processed foods will= less weight. Unfortunately, this is just (as you pointed out) what the industry requires.
  • Marymary2
    Options
    I wouldn't concentrate so much on losing weight as I would on cleaning up my diet if I were you. You do seem underweight but I understand that your diet goals have to do with your career goals. You're young, if you start eating healthier now by cutting out fried foods, processed foods and limiting your intake of sodas, you will lose weight and begin a journey that will help you reach your goals in a healthy way! I know it seems hard to imagine being that I am now 190lbs, I was 126 when I took up modelling. I remember my coach poking my hips and telling me "the camera puts on 10 pounds!" I really took that criticism to heart and dieted to the extreme! Well, I did get skinnier (115)but I also messed up my immune system and contracted mononucleosis and hepatitis (my doctor told me it was probably from eating a salad prepared by someone who was a carrier). The end result--not only did I lose my shot at my goal but, I wound up with a damaged liver and an eating disorder! So--be careful and eat healthy and exercise!