Kinect Fitness games

Options
I go to the gym a few days a week, but I play my kinect games a lot as well. I recently started playing Your fitness evolved and I really like it. I've been doing the personal training for a few days now and I defintely get my workout.

I guess the point of this post is to ask what results have others seen with the Kinect fitness games?

Replies

• malissaperkins
    Options
    I too play fitness games...I play your shape too. I also get a really good workout with adventures and dance central.. I have heard biggest loser is really fun! I have lost 10 pounds by only doing kinect and counting calories!
  • valeriehuynh
    Options
    I started to play Dance Central as well. I hope it's going to help me lose weight a long with my diet. My body is sore from dancing & breaking sweats. I guess it's a good sign. I was debating on the biggest loser but from what I'm hearing, it's seem to be fun so I will definitely get it.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I picked up Your Shape: FE, and that pretty much kick-started my whole weight loss/get-in-shape thing. Really like Your Shape, and that there are a variety of things to do with the workouts. I'll usually mix it up and do a gym game or two, a round of fitness, and maybe a round with the personal trainer. The achievements are nice little pats on the back, too.

Kinect Sports is fun, but the obstacle course in Kinect Adventures really kicks my behind. Now that I've been exercising, I'm hoping it won't be as strenuous.

I've only done a little bit of Dance Central, but that is pretty fun, too. I'll be happy to get my HRM so I can monitor my calorie burns while playing some of the Kinect games besides Your Shape.
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    I've only played Your Shape a few times - I HATE it! The routines are far too short, far too many pauses where the game loads, too much repitition, inability to move onto the next stage if the game deems you out of rhythym, endless menus that need endless confirmations.... I could go on! I find it slow and frustrating as I feel that I spend too much time standing around waiting. I'm really disappointed with it.

I'm going to purchase Dance Central - it's meant to be really good.
  • darney
    darney Posts: 9
    Options
    I have Dance Central as well, I don't play it a whole lot, but I try to play it 1-2 times a week, and kinect sports as well. I haven't played adventures in weeks because I got really bored with it quickly, but it did give me a work out.

I've heard the game play part of the biggest loser game is not the best, but I'm willing to try it regardless.
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I love Your Shape Fitness Evolved! The personal training ones really are an amazing workout. You should download the Bollywood add on if you like dancing...really fun and a good workout! The boxing is great on there too! NOW to your question :) I had the original your shape for the wii with Jenny McCarthy when it first came out. I used that to help me lose my 70 lbs of baby weight I had gained with my daughter. I did that and went on walks with my daughter for exercise. I don't have a gym membership so these workout games are all I use and I love them and they work great for me!
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have Dance Central as well, I don't play it a whole lot, but I try to play it 1-2 times a week, and kinect sports as well. I haven't played adventures in weeks because I got really bored with it quickly, but it did give me a work out.

I've heard the game play part of the biggest loser game is not the best, but I'm willing to try it regardless.

We were able to download a demo of that Biggest Loser Game (look for it on your XBox dashboard) and I tried it out...not so good lol seems like they concentrated too much on the Biggest Loser aspect/marketing then the actual working out.