Other peoples food diary's

Options
kaits108
kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
Do you ever look at other people's food diarys and wonder how they put those foods together? Haha, I was looking at one earlier and I could not figure out where the lime went with the rest of the stuff listed in the meal. Just thought it was kind of funny, I'm sure people look at mine and think the same thing haha! But I'm all about the weird combos!

Replies

• DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Yep, I do the same thing. But I have started putting down in my food notes what each thing is.

i.e. here is today's notes:

B: peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal
    S: apple
    L: taco salad
    S: prunes
    D: pulled pork sandwiches, cheetohs
  • helenamonks
    Options
    Fa Sho. Only mine is more like, how do people live off of a handfull of nuts and a Giant Starbucks blah blah blah with 400 Cals?

hehe
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    My friends ask me that all the time... "How'd you come up with THAT?" Since I have my food diary broken down into 4 hour chunks, it may be that I've eaten something early in the block of time and then something else later in that block. So, it didn't necessarily go together.

But sometimes... yeah, I do eat weird things together.

More often than not though, they'll look at my food diary and wonder... "How are you losing weight by eating THAT?" I eat full-fat foods and go over on my sugar quite a bit (natural, from fruits and vegetables, more often than not). I just pair things together very carefully.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Id hope the lime is in water lol.

I put a lot of things together that probably should be. If they add up to the right amounts of prot./carb and fiber I'll eat it haha
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Fa Sho. Only mine is more like, how do people live off of a handfull of nuts and a Giant Starbucks blah blah blah with 400 Cals?

hehe

I often wonder the same thing... How do people live off of... 1 peice of toast and a Giant Starbucks.. or 1/2 cup of grapes and a Gyro.. (that's it for the day)... The compromises we will make to eat the thing we love LOL
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    I love doing that.....it like food forensics! I also like clicking on the forum post and seeing what my mfp friends write on them!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    That's funny. Mine I am sure sometimes makes no sense. I often just pull something I think would be similar to what i ate if I dont know what to log it as. One meal had (since Cheddar's doesn't post nutritional info) Chili's, Applebees, and several other restaurants pieced together to guestimate what i ate at Cheddar's. It sort of looked like I just had an awful day of eating out every meal, LOL.

Or, like yesterday I had the same thing for lunch and dinner so I just doubled what i already had in for lunch instead of logging dinner. Looked like a HUGE lunch and no dinner on my diary.
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hahaha you guys are too funny!

I totally agree with this:

"Only mine is more like, how do people live off of a handfull of nuts and a Giant Starbucks blah blah blah with 400 Cals?"

I'm pretty sure when I see diary's like that, my stomach starts sympathy growling for the person LOL!