Ideas for DVD for limited mobility

Options
Hi! I am new to MFP and will possibly get my mother-in-law started in the next week or so...but this is my question...

She was in a HORRIBLE car accident 7 years ago that crushed her knee. She is very lucky...she can walk and get around fine, but she cannot bend her leg very far. Are there any good exercise dvd's out there that would be good for her that wouldn't require too much deviation from what they are instructing? Thanks!

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I have severe arthritis in my knees and when I workout, my feet cannot leave the floor. I love, love, love....my Beachbody DVDS by Chalene JOhnson. In every DVD I own of her's, there is always an instructor next to her teaching it in the low-impact modified version. I have never seen this done before in any other DVD besides Beachbody! It really makes me feel good knowing they thought of me, too, and she is aalwyas thinking of me throughout the whole DVD, as she mentions it all the time to pay attention to so-n-so (the name of the gal doing the low-impact version) if you need to modify. She says "Its okay if you have to modify, as long as your heart rate is up there, don't worry about going as hard and fast as the rest of us.
  • AmBriCo
    AmBriCo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    T-Tap
    Walk away the pounds (Leslie Sansone)
    Swimming

Hope this helps..
  • joygwen
    joygwen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If she can walk, Leslie Sansone has a huge line of DVD's called Walk Away the Pounds. It's pretty low impact but there is someone near her that shows a modified version in the DVDs. If you have access to On Demand on cable t.v. she has some work outs on there too. Go to On Demand, Free Zone, Health and Wellness, Exercise TV and look for the walking section. I actually use this quite often in addition to Turbo Jam by Chalene Johnson (which was mentioned already). Like the other poster said, there is someone there that modifies for Turbo Jam as well but I feel like WATPs is even lower impact. And of course there's always an elliptical but it's more expensive than a DVD. You can find WATP DVDs at Walmart and Target for pretty cheap. She's been around a long time.
  • Erins1976
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I will pass on the good ideas!! Quick question...so, is Walk Away the Pounds just walking in place and doing other things while you are doing it?