PCOS Weight loss buddies

Options
Hi My original post got deleted.
Any other ladies out there finding it hard to lose weight, have been diagnosed with PCOS andhave any tips?
Marie x

Replies

• Kamille84
    Options
    What is PCOS?
  • jesilyn22
    Options
    Very hard!!! The only thing helping at this point is that the metformin is making me so sick I don't want to eat! Hang in there!!
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome.

Yes, it is hard and slow, (for me anyway) but stick with it. The logging on this site is VERY beneficial. I have noticed that for me, eating more protein and exercising like a mad-woman produces results. I am having exercise issues at the moment, but really it can be done! Best wishes!!!

P.S. I found a few appointments with a registered dietician (specializing in pre-diabetes) incredibly beneficial as well!
  • Millyrocks
    Millyrocks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Polycystic Ovary disease/syndrome

I too have this and have found it soo difficult to lose the last 10 pounds from my first baby.
  • lisamarie1227
    Options
    i am new and need friends. i need plenty of encouragement. i know how to lose, now i have to do it:)
  • ndelgado23
    Options
    I was dx a couple months ago, the dr put me on metformin and birth control. I stopped the metformin and this is my last month on the birth control. My issue is the dr's can not give you a straight answer. I will soon want to have a baby I am mewly married, and this going to be a problem. Every question i asked trhey have another pill for me. It got to the point i was on so many pills I felt horrible, so i stopped them all!!! Not sure it was the right thing to do, but i feel better. So now I'm praying with calorie counting and exercise I shoild lose some weight. I am at a loss at this point
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    I also am new to MFP and was diagnosed with PCOS a few months ago. The side affects from the metfomin have subsided, and I am hoping that with some healthy lifestyle changes the weight will start to come off. We can do this!