Hi I'm New

Options
Hi,

My name is leanne and i'm 29 1/2 yrs old and a mom to 3 boys. My step son is 10, my other son is 5 and my youngest boy is 2. Before I had kids or got married I was 120 lbs, I am now 180 and not happy.

I try my hardest to watch what I eat, and exercise as much as I possible can. Sometimes it's hard. looking for support suggestions on healthy foods to snack on and when, and help w/ a exersice programs.

Replies

• urnewbuddee
    urnewbuddee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    welcome!!!!!! this site is wonderful and I hope it helps you on your way!!!
  • csquaredsmom
    Options
    I think they key is to just get up and move! I started out with nothing more than walking. I couldn't do more than about a mile when I first started and worked my way up to 3-5 and did it about 5 days a week. It's something you can with your boys too. I also, have boys--one is 10 and the other is 6. When it's nice out, they would simply get on their bikes and ride up and down the neighborhood while I walked. Since it's gotten cold, I have found a place I can walk indoors and joined a fitness center for 3 months to get me through winter. Do you have a Wii? There are TONS of things on the Wii that will get you up and moving too. I like doing Wii fit plus and the Just Dance will have you sweating within minutes. Plus it's a great way to spend time with your family!
    You just have to realize that you have to make this a priority. I know being a mom can sometimes overtake every aspect of your life. But if this is something you really want to do, you have to put it first sometimes. I had to learn that the laundry could wait and so could the dishes! It was hard but I cant' tell you how much better I feel after I work out!
  • forttc
    forttc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome Leanne! I've been doing this for a week now. I don't know what you have tried in the past, but I've found that writing down everything I eat is helping. I couldn't believe the total calories. When you start to study the amount in different foods it will help. If I think I'm going to be eating a large meal at supper I try to keep my early meals light. I purchased a food counts book to help me keep track of calories but you can look on line and on packages to figure that out. Good luck. I hope I gave you something to help.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Replacing junk food in your house for your whole family will help a lot, because if it's there you are going to want to eat it.. And kids will eat just about anything they see their parents eat, so why not make it a healthy choice?

Snacks could be :

Fresh Veggies and Fruit (grapes, apples, carrots, peas)

Almonds
    Yogurt
    Cottage Cheese
    Fiber One Bars or Granola Bars

I'm not a big fan of the 100 cal packs because I know they are emtpy calories, but I do use them to crave my chocolae or sugar cravings!!

You can do this... just keep your eye on the prize !
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Also we made the switch to Ground Turkey & Ground Chicken and it was almost unnoticable ... My hubby loves to eat Turkey Brats, Turkey Burgers, meatload, tacos and more.. and it's much leaner and less fat!
  • Proudmumofboys
    Options
    thanks so much everyone.

I do not eat red meat at all, I am actually allergic to it, it makes me very sick to my stomach. So that's a good thing right. I have been eating Ground turkey for the past 6 yrs, before that I only ate chicken.

I do eat semi healthy, at dinner time, I eat off a small plate that way I take less food. My weakness is SALTY STUFF! Chips, stuff like that.

I"m not sure my hubby would like me taking out all of the sweets and junk food in the house. that's his THING! HAHA!! They are tempting, but I don't eat the sweets now, so IDK if it bothers me. Now he's eating icecream and oreo's and I'm eating grapes! HAHA! My boys will eat veggies, fruit. I drink Water, but not enough, i love TEA! :( What other drinks can I have that are healthy and taste good.

I went to the gym tonight for an hour did an hour of cardio. will do strength training tomorrow night. I do belong to the gym, but the new one I switched to doesn't have childcare, and it's cheaper "Planet fitness" I go when my boys go to school, or when my hubby is off from work or when he gets home from work. I need someone at the gym that will kick my butt when i'm there, i do my best on my work outs and pushing myself, but need more of a kick in the butt. HAHA! either that or need a gym buddy.

Before kids i was a unhealthy weight. I ideally would like to be 140, actually that's not true... 135lb would be ideal for me

anyone have suggestions for workouts? THANKS EVERYONE! I downloaded the app for this site on my phone too, so easier to track my food and stuff.
  • Proudmumofboys
    Options
    I am a parttime nanny as well, and during spring/summer/fall, I WALK ALOT W/ the kids.. I push a double stroller w/ 2 toddlers in it, and it's not all FLAT! So that helps too when I can't get to the gym while at work !: )