Napping after my workout,What to do ?

Options
Just yesterday , shortly after my workout I notice I start to get very tired, Napping tired, So I usually do take a nap, but last week I did fine never got tired or naps , now I am exhausted , What's the deal ? And how can I adjust this !
Thanks all !
Becci

Replies

• hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Do you take vitamins and drink plenty of water? My exercises tend to give me energy. Not sure why you want to nap. Also you might want to eat something light before your workout so you have something to burn off. I saw something once that says that's good for energy before a workout.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're not eating enough or eating the wrong kind of food.
  • resptech97
    Options
    I dont know that I would change anything. If the naps arent bothering your daily activites then take one. Being tired is your bodys way of telling you it needs some rest. So give it what it needs!
  • tarazena
    tarazena Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Depends how hard you are working out. IF you are doing strenuous workout..I wouldn't worry about it and take a little nap. your body is tired. When I do 2 hours very high intensity, I eat well right after and often feel the same-tired so I try to nap. Sometimes, I will just lay in bed and that is good too.
    It also might be just how your week is going (or time of month)...your body will tell you what you need. Don't feel bad about resting. : )
  • JenUB
    JenUB Posts: 84
    Options
    I have noticed that if I am too low on calories for too many days in a row, then I get really lethargic. If you've been really disciplined, you may need to treat yourself to a higher calorie day.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Try working out at a different time of day ...
  • BecciL
    BecciL Posts: 49
    Options
    So yes some things that all of you have said have hit home , I know I havent been drinking enough water, and I know (last couple days) my calorie count has been down, thought I have been eating protien, I just dont think I probaly am eating enough , Yes I take , multi vitamin, ferrous sulfate (iron) and b12 , So I guess maybe I should do a calorie and water check =)
    thank you everyone !!!
    Becci