Question (sorry if it's already been answered!)

Options
Hi, sorry if this has already been answered but i'm a newbie!

So today I earned a lot of exercise calories and haven't used them (don't worry, I've eaten my mandatory 1200). My question is, am I able to save those calories for the weekend when I would like a few beers? Or if i don't use them today, they are lost?

Thanks!

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Their lost. You can't horde calories unfortunately.
  • anharrison
    anharrison Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that would be okay. I'm very familiar with weight watchers and in that program you are allowed to "save" points for a special meal/dessert. I wouldn't recommend saving more than a 150 calories or so but I don't see a huge problem.
  • purple_power61
    purple_power61 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    man I wish you could save calories for one big fat fiesta a week..... that would make dieting all week worth it! lol
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    You can do whatever you'd like, but I don't think binging on calories over the weekend will positively influence your weight loss.

Try to eat when you are hungry, and attempt to eat back your exercise calories. If you can't finish them all, it's ok. I really recommend against 'saving' them up, though.

Keep logging your foods and exercise - you are doing great :)
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Tis is just based on logic, not fact, but I think what would probably happen is over the week as you "saved" calories, you would show a more significant loss by the end of the week followed by a small gain after your "binge" I'm talking ounces, not pounds. If you weigh in only weekly you probably wouldn't even notice the fluctuation and as long as you average where you're supposed to be, you'll still have an actual loss for your weigh in