hamburger with fries calories

Options
Is it possible for a hamburger with fries to be 1000 calories? It doesnt even give you a choice of whats on it. No mayo or cheese should cut it back some but that isnt an option. Its just a small town burger/pizza place. I may have to exercise like a fiend to eat it but I dont do it often.
Anyone else?

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't doubt that the number IS right. An average burger bun alone is around 250 calories, then add fries and greasy meat....It's probably true or at least close. You could always enter every food separatly to see if you come up with a different number
  • blakjac6
    Options
    Sorry to say so, but in most cases a hamburger with fries is over 1000 calories. If you make your own hamburgers and fries at home you would probably reduce the calories by 50%. Eating out often leads to a higher calorie intake because of the grease, preservatives, and portion of the meal. If you crave a hamburger and fries every so often it's ok. Your body is trying to tell you that it is craving more fat or calories which is what our bodies need to operate sufficiently. Hope this helped!
  • rsonthelake
    rsonthelake Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    If you are looking at the tracker and pulling up hamburger and fries, it could be. If I were you, I'd pull everything separately from the food tracker to see if it is less.
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Totally possible, sadly.

The bun alone is probably 200cals. The meat... do you know how big the burger was? We had burgers the other night and I used our grass fed super lean ground beef and I calculated that out to 170cals for 4oz. Was there cheese? That's probably another 100-150cals. Then the fries. Fries just aren't low in cals, which is why I usually avoid them and just get a side of steamed veggies if I really want the burger. Depending on how many fries you ate I'd say they could easily be 300-500cals for fries.

But you know what, you have to live sometimes too. You learned this lesson, move on, drink lots of water! It's only one meal.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    It depends on the hamburger. Carls Jr 6 dollar westen bacon cheeseburger is 1020 calories, In and out burger has a hamburger for 390.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Pretty close to 1000. A double cheeseburger from McDonald's is 440 calories,
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, this just makes me cringe out how many burgers & fries I've eaten in the past. It's a miracle I don't weigh more than I do.
  • ssaemblog
    Options
    A burger and fries from Five Guys is around 2,000. So, um, yes.
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i always look at the nutritional facts at the restaurant or online to get an accurate number of calories. if MFP doesn't have it in their database, i add it myself. i'm trying my best to not guess on calories.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    If you are talking a 1/4 lb. hamburger or more it can EASILY be way over 1000 calories... JUST FOR THE BURGER ALONE! The fries add A LOT more!
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I used to get the Applebee's Quesadilla burger all the time...until I found out it has 1400 calories. WITHOUT the fries! I would have to run for two hours to burn the calories in that burger and fries.
  • sugaraddict63
    sugaraddict63 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their replies. I am thinking that they arent a healthy option only as a once in awhile thing. Everytime I go to town I love to get this burger. Of course how did I gain all this weight in the first place.
    Im not sure I can exercise enough but I have been getting alot of exercise calories burned so who knows. I clean houses plus I walk.
    I was curious what a Fudruckers burger was but its not in the data base. Im thinking as good as they taste probably about 3000 calories.
    Congrats to all you who have lost and good luck to all those still working on it. I love this site. It is the only thing that has motivated me....plus stepping on the scale.....yipes.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Fudruckers 1/2 lb three cheese burger- 870 calories.
    1/2 lb cheesburger w/bun- 570 calories
    1/4 lb hamburger 350 calories.
    Buffalo burger w/American Cheese on Wheat bun - 520 calories.

It's in an App on my phone called Restauranant nutrition.
  • toxicbox
    Options
    If you are like me and just fudge a little only once in a while, someone suggested to me to take at the least the top bun off then eat it. It will cut back on SOME calories and SOME salt...But the only way to do it right is to not eat processed food at all... :)