Looking for some PCOS pals :)

Options
I'd love to have some PCOS pals to talk with - ours is a unique set of challenges, but if you're interested in supporting one another please add me. :)

Replies

• rudeboi220
    rudeboi220 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    sorry to ask but whats a PCOS pal ? :wink:
  • deedleedee
    Options
    Don't be sorry! PCOS = Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. The good news is you don't have it, it only affects women. :wink:
  • rudeboi220
    rudeboi220 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thanks for letting me know what it is :wink:
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hey I have pcos as well...struggling to find a happy medium for food and exercise. Would love to be pals.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I have cured my PCOS almost entirely. My latest u/s last week showed only a few small cysts on the ovaires themselves, but I have no other complications or signs. I did it on the Fat Flush Plan diet by Ann Louise Gittleman. She has a great jump start program called the Smoothie Shakedown. I'm a huge believer in this program. She addresses many hormonal issues that aren't traditionally talked about in diet plans. The great thing about Fat FLush is it isn't a diet plan, it's a way of life. Her latest plan is called Fat Flush for LIfe, it's a seasonal approach to eating. She doesn't encourage a lot of intense exercise, which I struggle with as it's what I like most do to. I got my hormones under control, cured my PCOS and am now just dealing with uterine fibroids, I am presently waiting for a surgeon to call to figure out what to do next.

The great thing is there are solutions, but you have to look beyond diet and exercise.
  • susi1974
    Options
    i, too have pcos. Just joined this today and hoping to get good results!
  • klininger
    Options
    Right there with ya!
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    PCOS here too
  • DrAJ84
    DrAJ84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Don't be sorry! PCOS = Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. The good news is you don't have it, it only affects women. :wink:

Actually men can have their own version of PCOS as Syndrome X/Metabolic syndrome. Basically they can be insulin resistant.
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    PCOS here too. I never realized how common it is. Seems as if I am meeting more and more folks that are struggling with this. Its good to know as I feel way less alone in this! Feel free to add me as a friend as I am always looking for folks that understand this struggle.
  • LisaJayne71
    LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Another PCOS girl here too!!!...
    I'm feeling very hacked off at the moment... I've been going to the gym for the last 6 weeks 4-5 times a week... I've even had 8 Personal Training sessions too to make sure I get my backside kicked!... I've been so good with my calorie and carb and sugar intake... you'd think for that I would have easily lost 4-5 kilos for all my hard work and effort.... but NO... because of PCOS I have lost a measly 2 kilos in 6 weeks...... there's no wonder we get disheartened and fed up!!!
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and would like to join :)