new to the forum

Options
Hi... I have been using website for awhile but I have never posted anything. I have always battled with my weight but I have decided to take responsibility for my choices and change them. I need to refocus myself this year. The past 13 months I have been trying to "save" my dad, who had stage 4 esophageal cancer. We tried everything, traveled to Cancer Center of America, and anything we could think of trying. He fought hard, we were grateful for the time we had but he passed away on Nov. 9th at age 59. The depression and sadness hit me hard through his battle and losing him, but I am determined to stay focused on my goal this year. My dad also had diabetes (he was not overweight) and hyperlipidemia. I also have hyperlipidemia and take two meds for it. My goal for the this year is to achieve my goal weight, prevent diabetes, and feel good about myself. Oh and a new wardrobe. : ) I am a mother of 2 boys and have great husband. I am full time medical lab technician. I'm busy but it is no longer going to be an excuse for not exercising. I am looking forward to a better year and a successful year. I welcome any help and feedback. i look forward to meeting new people and sharing this journey.

Replies

• gsg37
    gsg37 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello, thanks for sharing your story. I think this web-site is a great place to get motivated to reach your goals. I have been on here for a couple of weeks now and love it. I think putting my calories down each day makes me think twice before eating the wrong foods. I am a busy mother too, so I know how it feels to juggle it all! Feel free to add me, we can encourage each other!! Best of luck to you in regaining your health and reaching your weight loss goals!!
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, My first husband died of the same thing at 45 years old so I have a little idea of what you have been through.
    You are right in taking control of your weight as when you lose someone close it makes you realise how fragile life is and that we have a duty to keep ourself in the best possible health.
    Good luck with your weight loss journey and if you like you can add me as a friend.
    :flowerforyou: