10-Week Bootcamp Challenge!

Options
This is a 5 days a week exercise program, that will last for 10 weeks. 2 days a week will be HIIT, and 3 days a week will be a traditional at-home (or at the gym) bootcamp. Additionally, we will add in specific daily challenges each week.

HIIT will be as follows: (warm up and cool down with 5 minutes of jogging)

Weeks 1-2: 30 Seconds Jog, 30 Seconds Sprint, Repeat 7 More Times (8 Minutes Total)
Weeks 3-4: 30 Seconds Jog, 30 Seconds Sprint, Repeat 9 More Times (10 Minutes Total)
Weeks 5-6: 30 Seconds Jog, 30 Seconds Sprint, Repeat 11 More Times (12 Minutes Total)
Weeks 7-8: 30 Seconds Jog, 30 Seconds Sprint, Repeat 13 More Times (14 Minutes Total)
Weeks 9-10: 30 Seconds Jog, 30 Seconds Sprint, Repeat 15 More Times (16 Minutes Total)

If you need to start the first few exercises adding in walking, that's perfectly okay.

Bootcamp: the exercises and plan are laid out at this website
http://exercise.about.com/cs/cardioworkouts/l/blbootcamp.htm

We will do this exercise 3 times a week, on a Thursday to Thursday cycle.

To start, list your name, weight, and measurements.

Name: Kristin
Weight: 178 ish (I'll know in the morning)
Right Bicep: 14.25"
Neck: 15.75"
Bust: 43.5"
Waist: 40.25"
Hips: 42"
Right Thigh: 25"
Right Calf: 16.25"

This week's challenges:
Thurs - Complete 100 Jumping Jacks
Fri - 25 lunges for each leg
Sat - 40 push ups
Sun - 25 crunches to left, 25 to right, 25 to center
Mon - 30 Squats
Tues - 30 seconds of High knees six times
Wed - 20 burpees

Welcome! So excited to have you!!

Replies

• sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    You know I'm in girl!!! We are going to get our butts in shape.. I want me a bikini body. Looking forward to this 10 week journey and the results it will bring. Posting my starting measurements and weight tomorrow
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I am in I will do the best I can but please help me stay motivated

Starting weight 175 ish
    don't know my measurments
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Yay! Hopefully we'll get more members! (I might re-post in the morning if I can figure out how) We'll have fun :smile:
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    im gonna look at this more tomorrow... im half asleep right now haha
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hey i love HIIT and bootcamp style workouts so I am definately in!! My workouts are similar to what you've described but I also do much more cardio and have recently started heavy lifting as well. Can I still join your challenge to follow along with the daily exercise challenges you have posted? Sounds like fun!! :flowerforyou:
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    When we do the bootcamp workout thats online are we completing all exercises through once.. or twice?
  • kristinlough
    Options
    @Frenchfri: You're more than welcome to join still!
    @Sundinsgirl: I guess we can let each of us repeat as necessary in a way that works for our fitness level. I was planning on adding this bootcamp to another program (because I need HUGE burns most days), so work at your own pace, and do 1-3 repetitions.

Welcome all! Hopefully we can get more add-ons :smile:
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Sounds good to me :)

So I completed my first workout of HIIT today. I have never done anything like this before.. I am used to running on the treadmill for 30-35 at one steady pace. Having these 30 second intervals made the 8 mins FLY by. The only problem I ran into was that to change speeds it takes about 5-10 seconds to scroll up/down (on the machine I had today anyways). So sometimes I would go an extra 10 seconds here or there. Either way I tried to go over the 30 seconds of sprint to be safe.
  • kristinlough
    Options
    Bootcamp day 1: I did the bootcamp workout. And stopped 17 minutes in (after my 100 jumping jacks) with blacking out and puke spits. This is going to be hell/a lot of fun.

HIIT day one tomorrow.

Still 130 calories in 15 minutes ain't too shabby. I'll probably try to do an hour of yoga later to make up for quitting :wink: But Saturday I will do the whole bootcamp routine once or twice.

And I'm running outside tomorrow. Eek!

Great job!!
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    How long did u do each exercise for (it says 30-60) I'm guessing the push ups one I will barely last 15 secs let alone 30 lol some I might be able to go longer than others lol

can't decide if I want to go to the gym and do this tomorrow am.. or if I should just do this at home. I live in the basement so when I did an at home workout on Tues (running on the spot, jumping jacks etc) my knees have been really sore ever since. I'm thinking this is cause of the cement floor.

Completed my 100 Jumping Jacks (almost forgot)
  • frenchfri87
    Options
    Hey guys I did my HIIT tonight on a stairmachine. A little different but same principle. 30sec all out high stepping sprinting at lvl 16 and 1min recovery at lvl 6.. ended up being 25 minutes.

Completed the first challenge of 100 jumping jacks! I think I might do the challenge exercises first thing when I wake up in the morning, as like a little workout bonus since I work out at night. Not sure yet.

Last Saturday I weighed in at 149lbs. I weigh in on Saturdays for another challenge I am doing, so I will report any change then.:flowerforyou:
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Completed bootcamp online workout today.. 10 min walk warm up, went through workout once and completed a 15 min walk cool down walk. My goal for next time is to do the workout 2 times next time.

Completed my lunges today (25 left leg, and 25 right leg)
  • frenchfri87
    Options
    SUNDINSGURL: awesome job completing your workout! I will need to try the bootcamp workout you are following because I feel sort of left out haha..

Tonight I ran 6miles at 6.0 mph and did 15 minutes of high intensity "bootcamp" style workout. The short routine I did tonight was:
    20 kettlebell swings (15lbs)
    10 burpees
    10 weighted box jump squats (15lbs)
    20 oblique twists with weight (15lbs)
    hold plank for 1 minute...

rest.. do this 2 more times.

Also completed the lunge challenge for today!!
  • kristinlough
    Options
    Great job guys! I'm a little backed up on workouts (longer story than y'all care to hear) but I will catch up tomorrow! I'd love to say I'll catch up today, but, yea, school comes first :frown:
  • frenchfri87
    Options
    Kristinlough: that is ok I am backed up on my workouts too because I am sick :sad: yesterday I went to the gym and struggled to get through a mile run, coughing the entire time.. went over and did my pushups challenge and about died haha. Today I havent even been out of bed.. hope I feel better tomorrow!! I hate missing workouts
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    had a day off yesterday :) today I did the Interval Training on the treadmill (actually did 15 mins of of HIIT) plus a 16 min run.. and 14 min walk. Plus I did a 60 min step class.

I have to admit I missed the challenges saturday and sunday.. will try tonight to get them all in that I missed and todays.. I will post when I complete them tonite!
  • kristinlough
    Options
    Feel better!!

Since y'all are my friends, too, you've seen that life is going CRAZY here. I am NOT a non-finisher. But I'm being a slow starter. I'll have doubled-up workouts soon. But right now I'm going to sit on my couch and cry.

Y'all are doing awesome! Keep it up!! And I just KNOW the kinda muscles we're going to be seeing in a few weeks :wink: Watch out boys!
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Alrite missed challenges completed.. 40 push ups.. 75 crunches.. and today's 50 squats done!

kristinlough - dont worry about it hun! life does get in the way sometimes.... this is a 10 week bootcamp not just one so plenty of time to make up for it. and your totally right we will be having some sexy muscles soon enough :)
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    So I did a 30 min step class this morning.. than after work I went to an hour Total Body Conditioning class. Didnt complete the online bootcamp workout.. but the Total Body Conditioing was a Full body workout! now for my 30 sec knee ups.. havent got to those yet!
  • kristinlough
    Options
    I'm about to get back on the horse this afternoon (and I'm SUPER excited!!!) Updates on that to follow.

However, when we get tired of these workouts ... here's another one I've found:

http://toughmudder.com/training-prep/get-fit/

Y'all are amazing :smile: