Lifestyle Change-Not Diet!

Options
I've been using this site for a while, but only on and off....I decided to start afresh with a new profile and make sure this time i don't slip back into my old ways.

I've never written blogs, or jumped on forums as such. I feel a bit silly posting anything on here at all, and admire the people who are able to do it. My doctor told me I should see a psychologist to help me with my compulsive eating and body issues, but rather than doing that, I've decided to blog as often as I can to try to keep track and understand how i feel when i want to and do binge...hopefully that will help me identify things that trigger my binging and find ways to control it.

I would like to learn from other peoples experiences and hopefully pick up some tips and just generally support other and be supported. Trying to lose weight is hard - I'm under 30 - the lifestyle of my peers is basically eating out and drinking several nights a week- which is not condusive to weight loss and exercise. Friends and family tell me i'm fine the way I am and pressure me to break from my diet-they don't understand how depressed I am being overweight and their pressure just makes it worse.

Whether anyone reads this or not, I am determined this time to make it happen, reach my goal and maintain it long term. This is about a lifestyle change, not a diet.