New ~ First Post

Options
*waves*

Konnichiwa, hello, I am new to MFP, looking for friends, motivation and inspiration.

My name is Kate, I'm 28 and I have struggled with my weight since a series of unfortunate medical events that began in 2000. I have tried many things that have not given me long term success. All in all, I have 130 pounds to lose to be at a healthy weight, close to where I was when this all started for me. It all seems very daunting and I get easily discouraged even though I have the best intentions. I began a lifestyle change at the first of the year but I do not call it a New Year's resolution. So far I've lost 8 pounds, I credit that to the couple of friends that got me involved here. =) What a wonderful place! I'm optimistic about my success this time as I've already been able to do a couple of things that I didn't initially believe I could. Now I must keep up the momentum. I hope to hear many inspiring stories from the community here, as well as contribute to them.

Cheers to the journey,

Kate

Replies

• Mustangmandy1982
    Options
    Good luck! MFP is a great place to be for encouragment and friends! I'll add you!!!
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
    Welcome :D
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    So proud of you! I love being on this journey with you! I am always here for you too :flowerforyou:
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome> I wish you continued success on your journey to a healthy lifestyle. This is an awesome site to use.
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP....I understand your story because it is oh so familiar. I started my journey at almost 300 lbs a year ago. I lost 36 lbs from January till July and then I hit a plateau. That is when I began MFP. I have dropped 35 lbs since then. I didn't have medical issues but a ton of major life setbacks that caused me to stress eat. I have tried numerous times to lose the weight before but this is the first time that I have ever gone this far and I am sure that I will never go back. It is not a New Years Resolution or a diet.....I just call it a lifestyle change. Good luck on your journey.
  • Octomonkey
    Octomonkey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site :)
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the site. Good luck with your weight loss journey. You have come to the right place for support and inspiration :smile:
  • KatieKapow
    KatieKapow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you for the replies and all the friend adds. (^_^)

@Dawn I love ya girl! You are such an inspiration!

It will be so much easier being around other people going through the same sort of journey. Strength in numbers, yes? =)
  • jes215
    jes215 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm only in my 2nd week...my advice...take it one day at a time!
    We can do this together!!