sweat

elenaamaretto
elenaamaretto Posts: 12
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
so i've been taking this hot yoga class for the past 3 weeks and i got 3-4 times a week..
even though it's hot yoga i still feel like i sweat like hurricane katrina!

some people sweat as much as me and others don't at all i don't get it!

what does this mean???!

like does it mean i am not in shape? my profile picture is what i look like currently, i always sweat a lot but idk is it a bad thing to sweat too much? is it a sign of anything? is it good?

please let me know!

Replies

• I think it's just our individual bodies. I am not a sweater. I very rarely ever sweat....even when I'm working out. The most I get is wet hair at the back of my neck. But, my friend, who will exercise with me and do everything I do will be dripping wet by the time we're done. I don't get it either...?
  • EvilPirateJohn
    EvilPirateJohn Posts: 47 Member
    I sweat like a pig while at the gym, others stay dry and it doesn't make sense to me even though we seem to have the same intensity. Maybe they are just in better shape than me...maybe not.

Sweating is connected to you heart rate, but I'm not sure how other facters affect it as well (endurance, weight, genetics).

I also take pre-workout drinks, which contain a lot of caffeine and gets my heart pumping faster than normal. These drinks give me energy but also make me sweat more too. They aren't for everyone.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Im so jealous I want to be able to sweat but I am the same I don't I just turn bright red in the face! Its sucks!! although I did sweat a little more than normal with this 30 day shred.
    I go in the steam shower and then I can but it takes me a minute. I have wanted to try this hot yoga at my gym maybe it will work:)
This discussion has been closed.