T-minus 80 days until I have to wear a bathing suit! Help!!!

Options
Hi All,

New to the forum here. I just started a diet and exercise program yesterday and already feeling stressed. In 2010 my new year resolution was to lose 20 pounds and get in shape. I worked out religiously for 9 months...lost 15 pounds and hit a MAJOR plateau, got discouraged and stopped. Now I've gained back 7 pounds and I feel like crap!

My family is going on a cruise to Hawaii on April 10th and that inevitably will involve the wearing of some sort of bathing apparatus.
I would really like to lose the 12 pounds more I set out to lose last year....I am doing this alone and could use all the support I can get!

Thanks, Mimi

Replies

• marissachloe
    Options
    hi mimi, but you already got so much!
    i wanna lose 13 pounds until april too :) should we try it together?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Is it more important for you to weigh a certain number or look great in a bathing suit? If it's the latter, try looking into Primal Blueprint. It's changing my life! I wish everyone could feel as awesome as I do. You can weigh 200 & look like Linda Hamilton in Terminator, or you can weigh that magic number you ache for & have a spare tire. It's all in what you tell your body that you need.
  • qkiley
    qkiley Posts: 65
    Options
    You can do it! You already got 75% of the way there. We all take steps back, it is just part of the process. Don't get discouraged. If it was easy, it wouldn't be work, lol!

Two things that I did was up my water intake and watch my sodium. (You can add that to the list of things that MFP tracks)

What do you think caused your plateau?
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Is it more important for you to weigh a certain number or look great in a bathing suit? If it's the latter, try looking into Primal Blueprint. It's changing my life! I wish everyone could feel as awesome as I do. You can weigh 200 & look like Linda Hamilton in Terminator, or you can weigh that magic number you ache for & have a spare tire. It's all in what you tell your body that you need.

I've never heard of this......
  • lauramaeh
    Options
    You'll make it! I have a vacation in March, so I'm in your boat as well. Stay within your daily calorie goals and you'll be fine. I have been "behaving" lately, the past two months I've been putting forth more effort and I've lost 10 pounds, which is right on target with what mfp said I'd lose. Good luck, but more importantly have fun in April!
  • nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Once you click on this site, you should never be alone, We are all here and would love to join you in Hawaii...I mean help you get to your goal. Add me if you like, I am here for a major over-haul of about 100lbs and am 40lbs in.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options

I've never heard of this......

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

I bought the book Primal Blueprint, and reading it was like when Neo took the red pill in The Matrix. Total eye opener!
  • BigBootyMimi
    BigBootyMimi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Marissachloe! I am so glad to find someone with the same goal. Let's totally try to keep each other on track!
  • BigBootyMimi
    Options
    Ok...still trying to figure out how this board works with replies and all...

Nonoark-thanks for the chuckle...my sis said the same thing...I told her I'd take her if she can fit in my carry-on.

Lauramaeh- 10 pounds in 2 months is awesome! Congrats and have a great time in your vacay too!
  • BigBootyMimi
    Options
    You can do it! You already got 75% of the way there. We all take steps back, it is just part of the process. Don't get discouraged. If it was easy, it wouldn't be work, lol!

Two things that I did was up my water intake and watch my sodium. (You can add that to the list of things that MFP tracks)

• BigBootyMimi
    Options

I think the plateau was caused by just plain old routine...I would do the same thing for exercise day after day...this time I plan on changing things up a bit so I don't suffer from muscle memory.