What is the best!???

Options
Hey, name's Melinda. A couple years ago, I had thyroid troubles. I gained 40 pounds in 2 months. I haven't been able to lose it because with a thyroid imbalance it is hard. But I am DETERMINED this time to lose the weight!! I just wanted to know, what is the best workout programs?? I've heard that the P90x is amazing!! Would that be the best one for me?? I'm 5'4 and weigh 160 right now. My goal is 115-120. Thanks!! :)

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I have heard some great things and some not so great things about P90X. I have done a few of the videos just as a supplement. It completely depends on YOU. I would recommend some circuit training first and push and see how you do with that....before going with X.
    I say that because I am not sure what your physical capabilities are. Are you familiar with strength training, resistance cardio training? I could recommend a few great books to get you started but I am not sure where you stand right now.
    Winning By Losing by Jillian Michaels is an amazing read... and she actually has had thyroid problems as well. Her book covers the science of food/calories and the science of diet as well as discussing YOU as a person and what you are actually capable of. In the book also includes a 12 week circuit training regime... I am doing it for my second time... I did it last year too. It starts out fairly basic and then kicks your *kitten* as you go on! :-D She has MANY books. all worth checking out from the library at least. Also, Kim Lyons has a good STARTER book... and I mean STARTER! Also get in something fun, like zumba or raquet ball.. Have fun! :-D Getting bored with it is no fun!
  • blondie_0506
    Options
    Yeah, I was looking at some weight loss books and everything. Thank you so much!! I will look into all of that!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Yeah, I was looking at some weight loss books and everything. Thank you so much!! I will look into all of that!

The nice thing about Jillian's books is that she is real. She teaches you REAL life things that have evidence behind them, not a quick fix, It is explained simply and they are EASY reads! I have read 3 of them and am very thankful! :-D They have helped me lose most of my weight so far (about 40 lbs) and make life changes that I feel really great about FOREVER. :) Her cook book and recipes are pretty good too. Please let me know if you check them out and what you think.

Good luck!
  • weslfuss
    Options
    Honestly? I'm in terrible shape, and I still passed the "fit test" that the program asks you to do before you start. :laugh: Sure, I have trouble doing a few of the exercises (for now!), but I still get a great workout from it. I haven't been doing it for very long, but I would recommend trying it out if you want to get more toned. Muscle burns fat, so I'm working on the muscle part right now! lol.