I tried on clothes last night **gasp**

Options
k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
Last night I went to the store and I wasn't going to buy any thing, but I wanted to see how I was doing. I picked up a size 12 dress and 2 different jeans size 12. (Wishful thinking)

I knew I wasn't going to be able get the jeans zipped, but I felt I would be really happy if i could get them pulled up. That would have been huge progress for me. So I started to try them on..

*****Holds breath*******

They. were. too. big.:noway:

Both jeans were too big along with the dress. I started freaking out. (internally of course, as I had my kids with me:wink: )

I went and got 3 separate brands of size 10 jeans (thinking some brands are made big and I wanted to be sure).

They fit!!!!:bigsmile:

I have 25 more lbs to lose before I buy my new wardrob, but holy crap! I was wearing size 18 stretch jeans when I started this.

YAY!!

Replies

• luvamig
    luvamig Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oh man, that must feel fantastic! Trying on clothes has always been a depressing adventure.
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    yeah you! yeah you! this calls for a celebration in your house. No dont go grab chocolate! go get some flowers
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! and INSPIRING! :)
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i'm sure it felt amazing...keep up the hard work...you'll get to the "end" soon enough...
  • tdenotter
    tdenotter Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That is such awesome news!
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    Fantastic! congrates!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Good for you!!!! :drinker:
  • Alidomoreme
    Options
    Congrats! I am happy for you, I hope to be wearing size 10 jeans in a yr. Good luck and keep up the good work=)
  • danaaaaa
    Options
    awesome! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • sandeeface518
    sandeeface518 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    woo hoo!!!! good for you! congrats
  • LonnaRox
    LonnaRox Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I bet there are few things that feel better than trying something on you 'think' will be too small, and then finding it is too big!
  • riccimua
    riccimua Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That is SO awsome!! Keep it up!! You ae totally inspiring me to keep it up!!
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    GRATS! I currently fit pretty comfortably into twelves and I can squeeze into 10s but it's not comfy. : / I'm getting there though.

Isn't it nice to be able to pick out clothes based on what you like instead of whether or not they have it in a size big enough to fit?
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    That is amazing! Congratulations! :)
  • canoekayak
    Options
    That's so awesome...good for UUUUUUUUU........
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I think I started losing weight when I was considering buying the size 20 stretch jeans... It seemed like just one day nothing fit... And I did the same thing, went to 'just see' where I was, bought a size 13 jeans that day, the next month, I had to buy 11... My sister's wedding is in June and I have no idea what size bridesmaid dress to buy at this point, cuz I'm not sure where I'll be at that point... VERY SATISFYING!!! And the encouragement I need to keep going. CONGRATS!!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling! A nice surprise for you, for sure. Congrats on your success so far, and keep it up.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    GRATS! I currently fit pretty comfortably into twelves and I can squeeze into 10s but it's not comfy. : / I'm getting there though.

Isn't it nice to be able to pick out clothes based on what you like instead of whether or not they have it in a size big enough to fit?

YES!!!
    (I still haven't actually gone shopping for the purpose of buying yet. But, after seeing those things fit, I was looking around at things that I would like and not have been able to consider before and it was cool.)
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!
  • kamorgozo
    kamorgozo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You should be so proud!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!