I need a boost!!!

I know I'm going to sound like a complainer but I'm at the point of giving up! My gym pass has expired until the 30th ( I use the college gym and you can only use the gym when your going to school that semester)! Now all I do is walk, ride my stationary bike and do workout videos, and at the end of all that my knee's are killing me! I've came a long way and I already feeling like quiting! without the gym I feel like i can't lose any weight! I need help!

26920.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• ladylaycee
    ladylaycee Posts: 114
    I know I'm going to sound like a complainer but I'm at the point of giving up! My gym pass has expired until the 30th ( I use the college gym and you can only use the gym when your going to school that semester)! Now all I do is walk, ride my stationary bike and do workout videos, and at the end of all that my knee's are killing me! I've came a long way and I already feeling like quiting! without the gym I feel like i can't lose any weight! I need help!

26920.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Exercise bands. Look for them at athletic stores, and WalMart or Target. They are just a few bucks, and will get you through. I know how you feel. I am getting ready to go on vacation with my kids and wish I could bring my gym with me!
  • Jewlz
    Jewlz Posts: 135
    The gym is helpful, but you can be successful without it. remember this is about you being the best you, that includes dealing with road blocks such as these. prove to yourself that you can do it no matter what stands in your way. you will feel empowered and you will learn that giving up is not an option. find a way, I know you can do it:smile:
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Hi Lady,

hang in there you will be okay for the next few weeks. Do the exercise that you can, use your bike and take walks just stay as active as possible. As you lose the weight your knees will hurt less and you will be able to do more. Check the internet for exercises that you can do at home or in the office that do not require any equipment.
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far you are amazing for doing so well.:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Sweetie, you don't need a gym in order to exercise.
    Continue walking just slow down when your knees begin to be a bother.
    What exercises were you doing at the gym?
    PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP!!!!:frown:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • ladylaycee
    ladylaycee Posts: 114
    I was using the treadmill, the stationary bikes, stair climbers, elipticalls, the rowing machine and I'd lift weights sometimes
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Ok, so you can definitely continue your walks, jogs & use the stairs at home.
    Climb them a few times. Go to Kmart or Walmart and get yourself some weights.
    I don't want you to give up. You've already put so much into this life changing experience... I know you don't want to throw it all away.

~Joanna:flowerforyou: