MFP for the long haul

DJackson230
DJackson230 Posts: 306
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey friends just thinking out loud... Im coming up on my 365th straight day on this website... March 7th will be the date... I am thinking, Would it mean more to someone to get a personal message on your profile or do the comments on your every status log mean more... I want to be here for the long haul because MFP has been so rewarding for me... I'm thinking, there are only so many "good job, nice burns, wtg, " that you can say... If you are like me, I feel that I have to say something to every friend everyday... This takes quite a bit of time... Well, I think I am going to change it up a bit and maybe just : ) at folk's statuses or just go to their profiles and comment on a weekly basis... Just trying to control my MFP addiction... Yes, its a good addiction, but my 4 yr old, and 7 yr old and my 43 yr old baby (wife) need my attention too... Im not knocking anyone, if you got the time... and feel led to do it your way, keep it going, but I dont want to get tired of MFP... Please share your thoughts?

Replies

• aree2525
    aree2525 Posts: 38 Member
    I know what you mean. Gotta draw the line some where. Every thing in moderation. And I do kinda think that the people who are living with you should probably get priority. ;)
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    I agree. I do mine when I'm at work on my break. I rarely do it when I'm with my family unless I'm logging my food. Then I give myself 3 minutes to comment.
  • I have just 'culled' my friends list. There are so many members that I never hear from, or are not compatible with my journey. It may sound heartless, but my journey is, first and foremost, all about ME! I LOVE all my friends, and I feel very guilty if I comment on one and not another. It was the reason why I had to delete some of the friends I had. I agree that there are only so many "Way to Go's" that you can post without sounding robotic. So by my deleting some of the lesser-heard-from friends, I find myself able to send a more personal response to the remaining friends that I would DIE without. I am going to give this a try before accepting any further friend requests.

Congratulations on your up-coming anniversary on MFP! I applaud your determination and commitment. YOU are the focus, as is your family! I like your idea about posting the : ) and then once a week posting on your friends' profiles. You have obviously given your membership and your friends a lot of thought! To be honest, I am always excited to get a personal message on my profile....

Keep up the good work that you are doing for your better health! Your family will thank you for it!! : )
This discussion has been closed.