Hi Everyone

Options
Hi everyone,

Thought I would introduce myself. My name is Jason and I am trying to lose weight but more importantly change my lifestyle to keep it off long term. I graduated University back in July and have landed a great graduate job starting in September which gives the opportunity to work hard and play hard but before I start I want to get fit and with it boost my confidence. It's going to be a really long journey, I am extreamly overweight, but I figure if Stephen Fry and hundreds of other people on this website can do it so can I. I have an intervening goal in May / June as I get to see my folks for the first time in a year and I want to shock them with my weight loss.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

J.

Replies

• jelezzierose
    jelezzierose Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Jason!

I'm Jess. Welcome to MFP!!! :)

i hope you find all the support you need here and good luck with your journey!

feel free to add me as a friend :)

Jess x
  • iamlyn
    iamlyn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My name is Lindsey,

i want to loose weight and get a healthy lifestyle. hope we all reach the goals we have set ourselves, and looking forward to gaining a few like minded friends on here, if you have any tips that have helped you would love to hear them and i will do the same

good luck to us all on our journey, have every faith in us all

mwah x
  • 1sunflower4me
    Options
    Hello!

Today is day 1 for me! It won't be easy but I know I can do this! I refuse to allow anyone or thing to get in the way of my goal. Mt 7 year old is worth it and so am I!
  • yvie666
    yvie666 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi all

Jason your incentives to lose sound really good - esp love the visiting parents part - how thrilled they would be to see you getting healthy! I landed a good job a few years back which I knew would be physically as well as mentally demanding so I got in shape - a little - before going out to it but found the weight fell off once I got into the adrenalin of it all and the better I looked the more exercise and healthy living I indulged in! I use the habits I had at that time to get me back on track now - use your inspiration and ambitions to help you - it really works! best of luck with your journey - feel free to add me would be great to see how it goes for you and share ideas! :drinker:
  • yvie666
    yvie666 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi Lucy - welcome to mfp! its only been a week for me but already feelling better in myself and lost 4 Ibs this week so it has positve results! :drinker: