Skin changes

Options
I notice as I lose weight my skin becomes "too big" for me. At first I noticed it in my trunk area, but now even on my fingers and my face it seems like my skin doesn't fit. Will it recover? Is there anything I can do to help this problem? Will it get worse if I continue to lose weight?

Replies

• mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    muscle helps tighten skin up :)
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My guess is that vitamin E will help with getting your skin to be more elastic and tighten up. You might want to see about increasing foods with it or take a vitamin supplement. There are also topical lotions with vitamin E. You might also want to look into skin treatments that pregnant women use to deal with similar problems.
  • yoyo1
    yoyo1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Go swimming! it helps you tone up slowly and all over :happy: :happy:
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I just noticed something that might help. I've been using the dry sauna after my workouts for about a week now. I noticed that my skin felt more elastic. From what I've been reading, the heat and sweating is supposed to improve circulation and flush out toxins through sweating. It makes sense that it would help rejuvenate and cleanse your skin. You might want to try it... bet it would be nice after swimming =) I think the dry or wet sauna would both work, not sure which is better though.
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    dry skin brushing (daily), raw coconut oil, MSM and vitamin e as moisturizers as well as water and weight lifting.