How long?

Options
Hey guys

Ive been in MFP for nearly 2 weeks now, I feel im doing well and my body feels great...I just dont feel as if I have lost anything yet. I am sticking to 1200 and doing 30 mins of exercise a day. I was just wondering how long it would usually take a person to notice any change, even if its the slightest one! lol

I love reading the success stories on here but a lot of them dont say how long it took them to reach their goal.

Or maybe im just having a bad day, and this wont bother me tomorrow! :P

Any advice would help

Thanks all! :)

Replies

• yoyo1
    yoyo1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about changes in your body, just carry on what you are doing, then WOW!!! all off a sudden one your not looking for signs :happy: you will notice the difference. been there seen it but due bad health i soon have set backs, Add me as a friend if you wish, we can support each other
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I think it'll vary. It probably depends on a range of factors, such as how much weight you have to lose as an overall proportion of your total body weight, how much body fat you carry in comparison to lean muscle etc.

As an example, a very large person can easily lose 10lb in one week with the right diet and exercise, but if you only weigh 130lb anyway, then trying to lose 10lb can take a long time. It just depends.

It also depends what you mean with 30 minutes of exercise... 30 minutes of running or spinning or kettlebells will obviously burn more than 30 minutes of pilates etc.
  • angdan31
    angdan31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This may be more than anyone wants to know but I've noticed "that time of the month" can have a huge affect. I average about 8lbs a month. One week I'll loose 1 lbs (or none at all). Then two weeks later I'll loose 3-4 lbs. It all depends on how much water I'm retaining. This week I lost 5 lbs. Last week I only lost 1 lb. I haven't been doing anything different. I stayed on the 1200 calorie diet and exercised (a little :embarassed: ). When I first started I got really depressed about it but I've come to realize my body has a pattern. Just have patience and stick with it. You'll see the results.
  • AimsMac
    AimsMac Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks all :)

ive been doing cardio exercises at the moment coz i want to loose the belly before toning anythign up, if that makes sense? lol

I know what u mean about the time of month, i was on when i started so that might be it too.

Hopefully my next post on here will be a little bit chirpier :)

Thanks for the support :)