New from Leeds UK

Options
Am on 3rd day now, finding it hard not to eat between meals, (which is why I need a diet!), but by the time I get home from work I am so hungry I eat whatever I can find, then I feel guilty, so I think, Oh Ive blown it for today I might as well eat whatever I want, then I feel more guilty, its a vicious circle I cant seem to escape from.

Replies

• backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ange. :flowerforyou:

*waves from Cardiff*

Have you tried to 'frontload' your food, i.e. eat more at the beginning of the day, so very generous breakfast, good lunch and a smaller dinner. That way you eat more while you're still active during the day, rather than a massive meal before bed?
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from the UK too. I know it's difficult not to just grab something when you come through the door, so make sure that you can grab something healthy while you sort dinner out.

Is it possible for you to plan your meals at the weekend and cook and freeze them for the week, then all you have to do is either put one of them in the fridge before you go to work or defrost it when you get home...bingo dinner's ready in no time at all!

Also try including lower GI (glyceamic index) foods which keep you feeling fuller for longer, if you google GI you should be able to find a list telling you what the GI of different foods is.

Good luck add me as friend if you would like then you message me if you want any more help.

Mandy x
  • oneof9
    oneof9 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That's not uncommon. If you think you need a snack. Then take some celery, or carrots with you. I understand. Just don't give up. Most of all Stop making excuses of why you are eating.
    I have to keep busy if I don't I want to eat. I'm good as long as I'm doing stuff to keep my mind off food. Hang in there.
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    welcome x i'm from Notts x
  • Angela001
    Options
    Hi, thankyou for that idea,hadnt thought of that, will give it a try, it might help to break the habit of stuffing myself when I get
    home from work as well.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

I've been active on the site since Monday and am addicted. I certainly think being involved with the community adds to the motivation.

I know what you mean about the evenings. I cook just for myself during the week so it is easy to knock something together quickly which is usually unhealthy. I agree with backinthenines in so far as pre-preparing can help to stop just grabbibg anything at hand.

I live in Wakey by the way - add me as a friend if you wish ..... Wendy
  • freddiesmyfirst
    Options
    Hi Angela! I'm from Wiltshire, will add you as a friend if that's ok. I'm going to try the 'front loading' suggestion as I hardly eat during the day and then don't have the time or strength to use the energy I eat at night, not good. Will probably benefit my boys doing it this way too as they get too tired to eat at the end of the day.
    My eating habits are terrible at the moment, usually not healthy stuff either. I'm breastfeeding too so it's really difficult to judge exactly how many calories I need etc.
    We'll get there I'm sure! You're not the only one finding it hard. x
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Freddie, I never used to have breakfast and only have "lunch on the run" like a sandwich or so, then a huge meal in the evening, fall asleep almost immediately afterwards, wake up an hour later and then can't sleep properly.

I've turned it on its head now with a huge breakfast (even when I think I don't feel like it), a good lunch and then I have evergy to train after work!! And when I come home I just have a small snack like some scrambled egg on brown toast or so.
    It works fine for me, I feel better for it.
  • Pennylite
    Pennylite Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi from Manchester! Just visualise how great you are going to look and how well you will feel. This is a great site for support and motivation. Enjoy the journey!
    :smile:
  • BlutAura
    Options
    Welcome from London :)
  • peteloafer
    peteloafer Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    yes I know the feeling - incidentally I am also on Day 3

When I get bored or stressed at work I need to eat something as I guess these are the times when years ago I would have reached for a cig - feeling never goes.

Anyway enough of that moping - what I find helps me is to have a big bag of fruit like apples or dried apricots to fill those gaps.
    anything as long as it is nutricious and doesn't break the bank (calorifically speaking)

good luck

Pete