Im so disappointed

Options
Yesterday had to be the worst day ever since embarking on my weight loss journey. Im not sure what the problems was but I NEEDED sweets and yes I ate sweets. This morning I am sick just thinking about what I put in my mouth. I have decided that today is a new day and I am not going to dwell on yesterdays failure but make today a new SUCCESS!!! Lets hope it works!!

Thanks for letting me vent I feel like going to work out now...just what I need!!!

Replies

• gr8tobfree
    Options
    Yesterday must have been a bad day for a lot of people. I did the same thing. I did exercise, but still feel bad about the crap I put in my mouth.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Its frustrating when we don't do the things we should to reach a goal BUT you are handling it perfectly. You can't change the past so you have to just move on.

You will have more days like that and as long as they occur once in a while instead of every day, you'll do fine. Remember:

PERSISTANCE, NOT PERFECTION.
  • sophia_uk
    sophia_uk Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hahaha me too, but I ate lots of stogy food like pasta :( grrrrr
    But, as you said, lets not dwell on it, this is a brand new day!

Everyone is bound to have some bad days, we are only human!
  • KellyS0828
    KellyS0828 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. This is a hard time of year. You just have to remember to start right back on your diet the next day. You are going to have days that you just want to eat. You just have to remember to get right back on your plan.
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    It was a full moon! Happens to the best of us!
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I agree. Yesterday was a bad day. Must have been a full moon. Today is the start of a whole new outlook for all of us. We can and will do this. Keep your chin up, and you have got this. Feel free to add me as a friend for more support.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I've noticed Wednesday seems to be 'hard day' for people fallen off the eatin' right wagon...Pick yourself up, dust yourself off...It's a brand new day sweetie...! xo
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    LOVE that quote! I'm stealing it!

PERSISTANCE, NOT PERFECTION.
  • payton58
    payton58 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Don't ever beat yourself up for what you might want to call "slipping". This happens life throws you curves, the point is today is a new day to do what you want for you. Worse then slipping is to keep thinking your missing something. Believe me in all my years I have found in the "eating right" (not dieting) world you must allow yourself to "slip" and recover. The recover is what counts and as long as you do better today, then good for you. Hang in there you can do and you know that.
  • crasula
    crasula Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Don't spend too long thinking about it, it happens to all of us at some point. Just don't get into a negative loop or you'll end up eating more.
    Best thing you can do is have a really great day to counter it and get those positive vibes running through your body and mind again.

:wink:
  • dzilobommo
    dzilobommo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean - it's easy to falter and lose motivation temporarily. But you've already lost a good amount, and if you carry on measuring your calories in/out correctly and stay under your target most of the time, it is a mathematical certainty that you will keep losing weight :smile:

So don't beat yourself up about it - one bad day is not worth dwelling on! Ultimately, losing weight is a long process - what matters is that you are on the right track most of the time! If it helps, allow yourself an 'over' day every few weeks - as long as you stick to your calories the rest of the time, there is really no need to feel guilty :wink:

Good luck!
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You know... I read a book recently called the Weigh Down Diet. The book isn't so much about a diet, but a life change and how we view food. The author says that sometimes our bodies crave things like salt and sweets. She says, if you want the chocolate, then eat it. But the mistake we all make is eating all the other stuff along with it. For example, if you are craving chocolate cake, then order chocolate cake but eat it first. Don't wait for dessert, because that's when you go overboard by filling yourself up with all the stuff you should eat and STILL having the cake when you are no longer hungry.

She also suggests taking a drink in between every bite while you are eating... this slows you down, giving your stomach a chance to notify the brain when it is full, cleanses your palette so every bite of that sweet is like taking the first bite... so you are less likely to over eat because you will become satisfied quicker. Also, drinkng in between bites fills you up quicker.

Don't kick yourself for eating the sweets... the author of the books says, that you don't have to completely fall off the wagon... you can get right back on by the next MEAL... rather than the next DAY.

Keep up the good work and don't kick yourself for one bad day!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs days like that! I wasn't exactly an angel yesterday either, but I feel like I got it out of my system and will do better today because of it. So in a way it moved me forwards. Feeling bad about it won't help anything (unless it motivates you to do better today). Regret gets you nowhere-as far as I'm concerned, what matters is today, and tomorrow, and so on. There's no point to regretting something you can't change.
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I understand completely how you feel. I had a day earlier this week - Monday to be precise - when all I did was think of food. It did not help that we were off work so food was totally accessible. I decided I wanted pizza for dinner so we ordered a large, thinn crust Papa Johns pie. I picked the best ingredients I could - avoided my usual pepperoni and sausage opting instead for canadian bacon and grilled chicken - and all the veggies. I ate 4 slices - 1/2 the pizza. It was certainly more calories than I needed to finish our my day not to mention the copious amounts of sodium. But, I just had some extra water, tracked it, and move on. Before, this would have derailed me entirely. I would have felt like a total failure, unworthy of weight loss, and reverted to my old ways. Instead, I decided that this is a life long change and that I will want pizza again sometime during the rest of my life. If I am unable to incorporate those foods now, then I will not be successful in the end. So, eat what you want occasionally. If you really have a craving, you may end up consuming more calories trying to satisfy it with other foods than just by eating a reasonable or not so reasonable amount of the food you desire. Total deprivation will only prevent this from being a lifelong change. Now, have a super day today!!!!
  • finditnow
    Options
    Hi, what difference does it make if you had sweets yesterday? Im generally on a strict calorie count along with excerise routine but every Sunday is my fat day. I'm allowed to eat bags of chips and chocolate cheese cake...etc. You can not go through life without sweets or carbs it just isn't posible especially for women. Why not try eating your sweets in the morning along with your normal breakfast rountine so this way it is already out of the way. As everyone knows eating a hearty breakfast is the best way to lose weight, starts your day off right. :flowerforyou: