Keep Me Away From the Scales!

Options
When I am on a diet normally, I'm the type of person that weighs myself every single morning and gets motivated/discouraged according to what it says.

This time, because I'm focusing on running ability more than weight loss, I've told myself I'll only do a weigh in once every 2 Weeks.

But, 6 days in, I'm getting twitchy for the scales! Can some kind people motivated me to hang on until my weigh in day?!

Replies

• franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    oh I know what you mean. HIDE THE SCALE..... :smile:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    good job. Just think you're a grown up and you're in charge of your life and you've said you'd wait. It's like waiting for Christmas without peaking at the presents. :) Be the grown up and wait till the day.
  • 8JamieLeigh8
    Options
    This is one of my biggest down falls... as soon as I wake up I run for the scales and I hate that! I just can't stop myself! They have been the same for the past 6-7 days. How discouraging. I would love to weigh in every 2 weeks but like you I just don't know how to stop :(
  • n4ughtyangel
    Options
    Put the scales away somewhere high that you need the steps to get to! Then put the steps in a really awkward spot where you have to move lots of stuff to get to them. I always find making things difficult helps - my hubby has a Chocolate Orange on the top shelf of the cupboard and it isn't even tempting me cos I know I have to drag out the steps! :tongue:
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I dont know why people need to weigh so fast so much...I do it once a month!..I want a whole numbers not .0 something...waiting longer makes you work harder on your goals... the body needs time to lose fat, its not going to happen overnight.
  • supertempdonna
    Options
    Lol! I would but I don't live alone - my family would not be impressed at me hiding their scales!
  • Gawain
    Gawain Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I actually find that weighing myself weekly is more beneficial as It's easier to keep track of where you had a "blip" when weighing in weekly and It's easier to re-plan your workout schedule (and diet) on a week to week basis if your last weigh in wasn't so good.

Weighing yourself every day is a big no, no as you've found out, but once a week really has its benefits. At the end of the day, a regime or diet will only be effective if you're motivated to continue. It seems that by building the weigh-in up to be such a focal point, you're losing site of what your original aim is & this could hamper your efforts.

May I suggest, if you're focusing on your running ability, try and keep track of your achievements and focus on them, small milestones will really help spur you on.

Best of luck.