Ate a Million calories last night...feel like carp...learnd

Options
So I donated blood yesterday. The after donation snacks really raise my cals so i decided to have a free day but still record it.

I went to Chili’s and shard an app with the family, at most of the fried dinner I ordered and had a few bits of hubby's desert. Let me tell you it tasted so good at the time;. but, I ended up eating about 1400 cals over my BMI. by bed time I felt like crap. This morning. I feel like I'm recovering form the flu. Stomach is a little upset and I'm lethargic.

The Point of this story is, it's ok to indulge in one item on your free day but indulging for a whole meal may just make you feel yucky. I have learned my lesson. I truly feel so much better when I'm in my calorie range and eating foods that are good for me.

I hope someone finds my antic dote helpful. Good Luck with your weight loss to all who read this.

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Lesson learned. I have been eating healthy since I started but treated myself to 2 slices of pepperoni pizza. I felt not only sick from eating it but guilty- I was still under my calorie goal for that day since I burnt 600+ calories from exercise earlier. With that guilty feeling I did a second workout that day and burnt a total of 1000+ calories.
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    I did the same thing yesterday - after realizing how badly I had eaten -I decided to just throw everything out the window for the day and eat what ever I felt like eating.

I was in bed by 7:00 feeling like a slug.

Overslept this a.m. and got up SO achy. I'm sure it has something to do with the sugar and carb overload yesterday.

Back on track today. Even took the time to pack a few carrots and a handful of high fiber cereal in a snack baggy to bring to work so I stay OUT of the breakroom and AWAY from the munchies. . .

My first day on MFP a new friend told me;
    "the Time to REstart is the MOMENT you take that last Bite of Something Unwise" :flowerforyou:
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I had a similar day yesterday -- went over on my calories by about 700 and WAY over my sodium and fats. Not only did the scale show a gain this morning, but I *feel* like crap too. Lesson learned, body. In future similar situations, I might indulge in an item or two, but try not to let sabotage the rest of the day. Good luck to you as well!
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Well the fact is this is NOT a diet, it's a lifestyle, and well sometimes life gets in the way. If you feel guilty about letting it go in Chilli's then I'm assuming Chillis isn't going to be on the menu for awhile. Unfortunately, yummy places like that wipe away your calories saved for the entire day. So it was your day off, good for you for logging it!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Yuck! I definitely know this feeling.. I won't eat any junk food for like a week, then once I do my stomach just rejects it! Moderation is key... I find that going out to eat with my friends or my mom or family, I won't eat as much as I would if I was alone or with my fiance. Being with my friends/family and not wanting them to think I am a pig is helpful to me! Then I pack the rest up and save it for the next day! :)
  • LJ0125
    LJ0125 Posts: 89
    Options
    I did a similar thing last night. I treated myself to Chipotle. It was under my calories and high in protein. I felt like complete crap (physically and mentally) after I ate it last night. I went to bed at 8:30 and woke up this morning with horrible heartburn. Our bodies are telling us they like the healthy food better. I guess we should start listening.
  • genianc
    genianc Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What was in the air yesterday? I totally screwed up my diet and by night end I had horrible anxiety and was depressed. I know this is just one day, and today is a new one. So, we've all learned our lesson and won't do it again, right? Okay - buck up everyone. Back on the train! Now go do something sweaty and eat something healthy!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    I too have done that and almost immediately regreted it. Every meal I used to eat was unhealthy but now, just one bad meal can zap the energy out of me and make me lazy and just overall blah. I can recover from one bad food choice pretty easily but it's like starting over again when I have an entire bad meal or day of unhealthy eating. Just not worth it but when will I ever learn. :grumble:
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Last week I ate a pint of ice cream over the course of two nights. I ate two bags of coconut M&Ms over the weekend and I didn't log either of them. I wasn't going to let the red numbers make me feel guilty. I just enjoyed them. I just dropped another pound according to my scale this morning. It's easy to let go when you see the numbers dropping. As long as it doesn't happen every night you're good.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your comments. I'm glad I logged the whole day to show myslef what I was really doing on off days. I don't think I will ever give up fries or ice cream completely...but i definatly won't be eating them at the same meal ever again.