Any college students out there?

Options
I'm just wondering...since college life doesn't always lead to healthy eating. I hope that there are others out there like me that find that pulling all nighters make it difficult to stay on track.:bigsmile:

Replies

• DarlingThief
    DarlingThief Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering...since college life doesn't always lead to healthy eating. I hope that there are others out there like me that find that pulling all nighters make it difficult to stay on track.:bigsmile:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Its so hard.... I hate finals week especially.. i sat infrom of my comp for 8 hrs doing my soc psy finaly.. alls i wanted todo was eat....ughhhh.... but if you like coffee use fat free skim milk and splenda... and diet mt dew...... hehe... for snacks i just ate crunchy stuff like popcorn and carrots to stop from the junk.. its hard.. i know .. good luck keep it up:bigsmile:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm right there...a college student who struggles.
    I find myself not really getting into the "college life" when I'm really focused on eating healthfully and exercising regularly. I try, but its hard. Finals week always takes away my appetite...I don't know what it is.

Anyway, the hardest thing for me is when I come home. I always start overeating and I don't really count it because "Oh, I'm just home for a little while, I'll do better when I get back to my apartment"
    Well, I've gained weight upon my arrival home and its miserable. I can't wait to get back in school....

never thought i'd say that.
  • brittanymt19
    brittanymt19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yeah it is hard going to school is what made me gain all this weight doing thing like late night eating then going to bed, not working out,taking my car to each class instread of walking.but when I saw myself get to 250 I had to change so now I do thing the other way instread of study for 8 hours stright I takes break and walk around the school do something. I try not to pull all nighter becasue not sleeping can also pack on the pound but when I do I have a wii fit I get on.:happy:
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Lots of coffee.

:yawn:
  • paul82682
    paul82682 Posts: 48
    Options
    totally know what you mean. i don't know how many midnight pizza/taco bell/wendy's/mcdonald's double cheese burger runs i went on. not to mention the chips and dip to sustain the all-nighters and the occasional gallon challenge, which had to wreak all kinds of havok on our digestive systems. but, all part of the experience. and believe it or not, i miss it. oh and did i mention beer? there was some of that, too.
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    It's super hard to eat healthy in college. Especially if you live in the dorms (fortunately I don't) and especially during finals week!!! Coffee is my best friend during finals. That and those little 5 hour energy shots. Those things are AWESOME!!! Plus eating healthy can be expensive. Plus finding time to work out when you have to go to school full time and work and study. I don't know about everyone else... but between school and work I feel like I have 2 full time jobs!!!:grumble: But hopefully, it'll be worth it one day!
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    n1138009975_30061296_1046.jpg
    i'm guessing this is most of us
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student too, it's hard passing on that late night pizza... :cry:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Oooooh me!!!

Actually, I found that once I was TRYING, eating healthy at school (esp. a liberal arts school like mine...lol) is a LOT easier than trying to eat healthy at home, where my parents like to eat things like fries, burgers, oreos, ice cream, potato chips, double/triple servings, a 12 pack of soda a day...and OH YEAH THEY SMOKE LIKE CRAZY!!!!!!!! (that part pisses me off...)

I'm trying to look on the bright side, which is during the summer I have a lot more time to work out...
    :)
  • luvs2havefun
    Options
    College is actually where I gained all of the weight I'm trying to lose. It wasn't freshman 15 but sophmore 20 which came from the beer drinking, 2 am fast food runs...ewww! I'm glad I am slowly getting back on track now though even if it is still difficult.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    College is actually where I gained all of the weight I'm trying to lose. It wasn't freshman 15 but sophmore 20 which came from the beer drinking, 2 am fast food runs...ewww! I'm glad I am slowly getting back on track now though even if it is still difficult.

yeah, I skipped the Freshman 15...I actually lost weight that year. Sophomore year I tacked on 20 lbs.
    Its so hard to get everything in line!
  • Sing1outloud
    Sing1outloud Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am not a college student but I am 22 and have a full time job as an x-ray tech so I know exactly what it is like to work all night and day with call and all that... my best way to stay on track is that I keep a schedule i exercise on tues, wed, thurs, and weigh in on friday mornings...... although I will tell you I seem to never get and even eating schedule but try not to eat too late ... that is not good at least for me ..... hope my suggestion helps a little......

P.s where is everyone getting those awesome time lines???!!!!
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    im a college student too and i loved my body until i started college and then i blew up!!!

39174.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Wizzle
    Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yeah, stick to coffee when you start to snack to much while studying. if you do not like coffee try some tea.

- and how to do get those character body images as your profile picture?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Coming to college is what got me started with this lifestyle. I was already overweight when I graduated highschool, and I certainly didn't need to add another "15" to my 150lbs, so I started exercising regularly. I didn't know how to eat right for a long time...I assumed that, if I worked out, I could eat whatever. In Jan. 2007 I cleaned up my eating and have been changing my body ever since. It has been harder at some times than others, but I HATE beer (tastes like how pee smells to me :sick:) and alcohol really messes with my GI tract so I avoid it. I have found it difficult at times to fit in my workouts...sophomore year I did school full time and two part time jobs, which sucked! But with proper planning and self control, you can change your body and still enjoy a social life.:smile: I have seen a lot of my friends, male and female, gain a lot of weight from just drinking and eating junk in excess, so it's definitely motivational that I'm moving in the opposite direction!
  • DarlingThief
    DarlingThief Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oooooh me!!!

Actually, I found that once I was TRYING, eating healthy at school (esp. a liberal arts school like mine...lol) is a LOT easier than trying to eat healthy at home, where my parents like to eat things like fries, burgers, oreos, ice cream, potato chips, double/triple servings, a 12 pack of soda a day...and OH YEAH THEY SMOKE LIKE CRAZY!!!!!!!! (that part pisses me off...)

I'm trying to look on the bright side, which is during the summer I have a lot more time to work out...
    :)

That sounds a lot like how I first started out in college. I was one of those that lost weight during my freshman year too, yet I gained it all back and then some when I started working at a restaurant that let me eat mess ups and stuff, so about my sophomore year. My parents don't eat that unhealthy...more like the low fat/cal versions of those foods (and they don't smoke, but they go to bars a lot and Nevada hasn't totally outlawed smoking in public places yet). My mom does fad diets a lot (which the whole family tells her not to) and my dad has a thyroid problem. I've tried baking healthier foods for them (using splenda or fat free/low cal items), and I've found it harder to stay on track.

I've also got the "finals syndrome" which also occurs during midterms. :ohwell: I started this past semester to eat healthier snacks and drinks. I don't pull all nighters (unlike my boyfriend) because I'm a sleep addict. The only true eay to beat this is to have a study schedule so you don't try and study in a few nights...but I know from experience that those nerdier than me can do it.