Hi I'm new

Options
Hi I'm new to this site. I was told about this site by a special person named Caesar4less. As a special favor to him I have agreed to try this site to see if it can help me. You can find me under the name purplesocks. I am friendless in real life with only one true person that really cares for me and that is caesar4less. I have no self esteem and put others before myself. If you would like to be friends with me on here and help me out It would be greatly appreciated. I am a diabetic trying to lose 30 pounds and get rid of my lose flab and fat other wise known as a muffin top. I can't work out as much as I would like to seeing that the only work out stuff I have is hooked to the t.v. and my family takes that over to watch shows.

Replies

• nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You will find lots of people who will help, support and understand your feelings on here. Your self esteem will improve as you lose weight :smile: As for exercise can you just go for a walk, even if it is just up and down the stairs at home it is a start! You are more than welcome to add me as a friend on here if you would like to. Using MFP you are very unlikely to feel alone in your quest to get fitter and lose weight!
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    (((you))) :flowerforyou:
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. This is a very good site to have joined, and there definitely is a lot of support on here. Feel free to friend me, and I will do my best to support you. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!
  • tatwood106
    Options
    Hi Purplesocks,

I would have to disagree with your self esteem statement, you care enough about yourself to try, that puts you ahead of millions of others.
    For your workouts you don't necessarily need equipment, a great start is walking and dancing. Any exercise that get your heart rate up for a period of time will help. Just don't over do it!

Believe in yourself, you can do this, I'm sure Caesar4less would say the same, good luck and look for my friend request.

Todd
  • edunne1
    Options
    Hey, Im New too. and I am shocked to find that Vegtables wastes Calories. Why is that does anyone know?
  • bethsmith2001
    Options
    Hey, Im New too. and I am shocked to find that Vegtables wastes Calories. Why is that does anyone know?

Vegetables aren't wasted calories... these are gems of foods! They fill you up and are much lower in calories than other foods...

Try a tray for roasted veg ... peppers (all colours) carrots (how sweet are they roasted!) garlic, courgette, aubergine... top it off with miced herbs... you are in for a veggie treat.. :-)