Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What was I thinking?

When I weighed in this morning the scale told me I was 249.6 and I about fell over. I never thought I would get until 250 in like a million years. But when I walked away I realized how did I go from 254.8 to 249.6 overnight? I had a crappy work out the day before but stayed within my calories. It was crazy. So I went back to the scale and weighed myself again and it told me I was 254.6. I am glad I wasnt what I expected, to be over yesterdays weight, but a little disappointed it wasnt more. But everyday is a trial and error and atleast I lost something! So I am very happy about that. Today I am going to work out harder than yesterday for sure and burn as many calories as I can. Gotta get this weight off! Its driving me crazy. I want to see better results so I guess I better get myself together and push myself harder! Thanks for listening to me whine! Have a great day, keep pushing and congrats to all those who have lost.

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    That's a pretty big difference when weighing back to back. Is your scale ok? I mean is it time for a new one maybe? I'm glad you are still motivated!! Keep up the good work babe!!
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Keep up the good work! My scale is funny sometimes too...
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    ahh the scale is playing mind games.... but maybe that increases your drive!!!

your scale could have been sitting on something or maybe you were holding onto something? or possibly the batteries... I always take the higher number when weighing more than once!
  • Just keep it up. You can do it one step at a time.
  • peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    i was having the same problem but my scale was old and had been moved from home to home over the years so I decided maybe my old scale was just crap. I went and bought a digital weight watchers scale that measures body fat, body water, bone, and of course weight. Love how it works and even if I don't lose I can check if I have more water holding on or less fat. It's helping to keep me motivated. So maybe you could try that.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    You shouldn't weigh yourself every day, picking up on the normal daily fluctuations can make you crazy. Just weigh once or twice a week and you'll have a better picture of what's going on with your weight.

And, you need to be eating more. On the day's you're exercising you're only getting 400-600 net calories. You need to eat your exercise calories to make sure your body gets enough nutrition so that it can function properly. If you continue to eat this little your metabolism will slow down and you'll start storing fat instead of burning it. Trust me, it happened to me. When I started here I was getting 400-700 calories a day and hadn't lost any weight for three months.