Brocolli has calories

Options
2»

Replies

• lucky48
    lucky48 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    in this case calories = energy.

When I entered my regular cup of coffee this AM, I found out that coffee has 5 calories! I thought it was 0 (it is just coffee grinds and water, not one of those speciality coffees from a shop)

Guess that is why you have to enter EVERYTHING you put into your mouth.

rdy2lose:
    Coffee is derived from coffee beans which in themselves, contain 3 different types of polysaccharides (sugars). Although after being roasted, you aren't getting the full amount, coffee still contains some small aspect of these carbohydrates. That's why it has calories, even though they are small in comparison to everything else.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I was told if you don't log it, the calories don't count.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Broccoli has a primitive nervous system & can feel pain - I've formed an organization for the Ethical Treatment of Broccoli... BAN THE BROCCOLI!!!!

SHUTUP!!! :tongue:
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    So.... considering that veg are some of the lowest cal value's around... What do you plan on eating instead???
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Everything has calories, 0 or negative calories are urban myth.
    Its thr truth...even lettuce has caloric value. All food is energy and heat, some just more nutrient rich for a lower punch than others..
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    What's telling you that you can't eat broccoli or other veggies? Because it has calories? Seriously?!?! Then what were you planning on eating instead?
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options

:laugh:

Another nomination for thread of the year award??
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

I thought so too!!! :laugh:
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Years and years ago, when I was doing weight watchers, carrots went from being "free" to being one point for a cup. There was a great debate at the meeting about this change.

One of the leaders stopped the debate by saying~~~~

"None of us got here but eating too many baby carrots."

I'd venture to say that none of us got here but eating too much brocollii either.
  • rdy2lose
    rdy2lose Posts: 106
    Options
    WOW, thanks! I did not know that. See the site is supportive and educational!

THANKS again.
  • BakingGranny
    BakingGranny Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    The only thing we MAY be exempt from no cals might be water. That's defiantely a myth.