New Here...

Options
Morning everybody...I found out about this site from Parents magazine. I decided that this year is a year for change and big ones for that matter. This is my last year of nursing school and I have a lot going on but I'm determined to lose the 35lbs that have been hounding me for the past 4 years. In Sept 2006 I was at my heaviest at 194lb which is a lot for my short 5'4" stature and I was determined then to lose weight with spinning. In Dec 2006 I found out I was pregnant and thus the weight loss had to stop since I had to keep my weight on for the baby. I only gained the recommended 20lb during my pregnancy but have had a tough time getting back the body I used to have years ago. So this year is the year where I will reach my goal.

I plan on achieving this by spinning 2-3x week and at the gym I belong to they have Les Mills classes. I will be strength training with BodyPump which is a 60min weight training class and adding pilates into the schedule if my time allows for it. I'm hoping to reach 130lb by August. I'm not so much worried about the weight in numbers as to the clothes that I want to fit into. Ideally I would like to be a 6 so that would be 6 pant sizes down from where I am now. I hope that I find the support and motivation to keep going with this board.

So glad I found a free site where I can track my food and exercise and have a group of people to share ideas and goals with!

Thais

Replies

• Stina_Marie13
    Stina_Marie13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you, you can do it...and welcome :)
  • GrandmaPaige
    Options
    Sounds like you have a great fitness plan worked out.

Good luck and keep motivated!

Paige

1297564.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chicka78
    Options
    Good luck in your adventure, this is a great place for support and information.
  • fbref9
    fbref9 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck. I joined Jan. 2010 and had quite a bit of success dropping 30 poinds to get to 270, then I thought I had it figured out and stopped actively using MFP. Well that was a huge mistaken because I fell back into my old habits. You have definitely established a routine for yourself which has been beneficial. I am sure you will find MFP to be just as helpful of a tool.

I will be working right along with you because my goal is to get into a 38 waist pair of jeans which I have not been in since college which will mean a 6-7 inch drop in my waist.

Good luck with your goal of a size 6. And congratulations on your last year of nursing school.