"middle"age and weight loss

chilli
chilli Posts: 211 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm someone who has been lucky all her life in never having a weight issue till I turned 50 ,two. years ago. I hate the extra I have put on ,around 12 lbs,(crept on and surprised me one day when I woke and REALLY saw myself in the mirror). So, these past few months I have been trying to exercise more (back to swimming) and cut back on my failing, wine. Since I joined this site I am actually losing it which is brill but what I want to know is .....because I am older will my skin pull back to what it was before or will it stay saggy ? I have these rolls around the tum that are well, yukky and I think now I have lost some weight I still can't wear what I used to on the beach. I.m not ready for frumpy cover ups yet ........

Replies

• chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Hi, I'm someone who has been lucky all her life in never having a weight issue till I turned 50 ,two. years ago. I hate the extra I have put on ,around 12 lbs,(crept on and surprised me one day when I woke and REALLY saw myself in the mirror). So, these past few months I have been trying to exercise more (back to swimming) and cut back on my failing, wine. Since I joined this site I am actually losing it which is brill but what I want to know is .....because I am older will my skin pull back to what it was before or will it stay saggy ? I have these rolls around the tum that are well, yukky and I think now I have lost some weight I still can't wear what I used to on the beach. I.m not ready for frumpy cover ups yet ........
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Sorry, the skin will not tighten up (on it's own). I had three very large babies and after my third I got down to my lowest weight of 122# and I still had that pooch (no matter what I did, short of surgery). I don't think you'll notice a lot of sagging in the face, but you may look sallow. Stretched skin unfortunately does not have the elasticity at 50 that it does at 20. However, losing 20 pounds will certainly make you look and feel better. You'll also be much healthier and live longer with lots more energy!!! You can always cover up a little skin, so "be happy"!:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.