New To My fitness Pals...Need supportive Friends!

Options
Hi,
My name is michelle. I am sahm of 2 kids. I have about 120lbs to lose. I'm doing it though alittle at a time so I don't get overwelmed. I'm counting calories, trying to change my bad eating habits for good one's. I'm also exercising 5 days per week. I really like the Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds tapes especially the 2 mile and I also really like two of the dvd's in her power series called Walk and Jog and Walk and Kick. I'm also using my elliptical trainer, but still in the getting used to it stage. I have a very supportive husband who wants to see me succeed, i've never been thin, so this would be really nice. I'm looking for some supportive friends on this site and i'm also looking to be supportive as well. Thanks for reading! Michelle

Replies

• TimH1970
    Options
    request sent :)
  • audreyyrose
    Options
    sure thing! i'm here if you ever need anything. i've done quite a bit of exercise/nutrition research since deciding to get healthy, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. and i'm always here if you just need a little push of motivation every now and then :]
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend! You've definitely come to the right place...you'll find so many motivating and encouraging people on here! I love this site!! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • schleppy
    Options
    Welcome!

Be patient with yourself, and don't get discouraged if you don't lose weight every week. If you stick to your eating plan and work out as much as you can, you WILL lose the weight. Having the support of your family will also be a tremendous help on those days where you feel like quitting. Focus on the positives (feeling good from working out and eating well), and never the negatives (a bad week with no weight loss, "cheating" on your eating).

It's going to be a long journey, but one that will change you forever! Stick with it!
  • quegirl
    Options
    Hi Michelle - I'm new to this website as well and I'm finding it is a great tool to track my progress. I have the Leslie Sansone videos as well - her videos are what I started with when I first decided to get healthy. I still try and do one of her videos a week, I like the 4 really big miles video she has, it's a great workout. Congrats on wanting to change your lifestyle, sounds like you have a great support system at home. Good luck!!
  • loves86
    loves86 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    im here if you want to add me as a friend or if you have any questions or just need someone to talk to. I started this a week or so ago but I have lost a total of 30 pounds since starting my new lifestyle.
  • kimmyh70
    kimmyh70 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm pretty new myself. This is a great site and you'll find a lot friends.
    Friend request sent.
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Good for you, Michelle! I have 2 kids as well and I know how hard it is to juggle raising your kids while trying to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle. It's so nice to have a supportive spouse. My husband took a gamble one Christmas and got me an elliptical trainer (he was sweating my reaction), I LOVED it. Luckily for him he wasn't sending me a message that he wanted me to lose weight, just that he wanted me to stop wasting money on a gym membership I could never commit fully to! :laugh: I'll send you a friend request!
  • AimsMac
    AimsMac Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi Michelle,

I started jsut under 2 weeks ago, so quite new too.

Ive found this site very helpful, ive never tracked what i eat before in my life! This just helps u be more aware of what u are actually eating! Everyone here is really nice and supportive too which helps.

If your ever having a low day, take a look at the success stories with before and after pics, thats what really motivates me! I too have never been skinny, so the thought of getting there makes me really excited :)

All the best to you, looks like ur on the right track :)
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    you can feel free to add me (anyone), I'm new also, so I'm short on friends. :-)
  • 951heather
    951heather Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and we can motivate eachother!
  • eyeballer
    Options
    I love the walk at home videos...they are always my go to workout. This is a GREAT website. The people on here are SO supportive. Welcome!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    request on the way. if you like leslie sansone, you can go to exercisetv.tv and theyve got some of her workouts on there.
  • cj1234cj23
    cj1234cj23 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I do believe you've found me! :laugh:
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I requested ya ;) Im in the same boat so anyone who wants to add me, feel free : )
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    Welcome Michelle!! I have about the same amount of weight to lose as well. I will send you a friend request. Contact me anytime, You will have a lot of support here :D
  • valeriehuynh
    Options
    I'm new to this too. Just started since yeterday. I'm also looking for supportive friends so I will send out a fried request to you. :smile: And looking forward for more friends request to start this journey together.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    request sent. I can always use more motivation as well. Anyone can feel free to friend me.
  • Sohnsearae
    Options
    Welcome, I'll send the friend request right over! =o) A little at a time is really all we can ask for. All the people on this site are so supportive. =o)
  • merriedawn
    Options
    HI Michelle, I just started my fitness pal for the second time. The first time some things came up and I was unable to stick with it. But I am very committed this time. I would love to be a friend, I could use the extra support and I am willing to give all the support you need.