Just got back from the ER.....

Options
Well I had an interesting night....

I was at work, just got done eatting dinner an hour before then all the sudden it felt like I got kicked in the balls. Then about 30 minutes later I had excrutiating pain in my abdomenal area, sharp,. At first I thought it may be trapped gas or something, tried to rectify the matter still no avail. Started to worry, pain got worse, I could barely talk and collapsed in the office while researching possible casues.

Me not being a hospital goer I knew my chicken was cooked. Well I made it to the hospital, collapsed from pain in the lobby shortly after finding out I had about an hour and a half wait! Next thing you know they're drawing blood, ,IV, drugging me up ( thank god!! ) and telling my it appears to be appendicidis and they need to operate immeadiatly after a quick mri to confirm it wasnt my kidneys. Now Im freaking all by myself with no family or friends here in Fargo, luckily I was drugged highly!

Well at the last second after flashing about 10 nurses by accident ( dam robes, meat peekers, I played it off saying, lady's I know I have that calvin klien body but in my defense right now Im not feeling good!) Then one responded " I think hes good on drugs for awhile" and giggled! Well turns out I have a 1MM kidney stone, which to my luck I suppose by the time I got the MRI surprisingly made it to my bladder!!!

The nurse asked if I drink alot of water, I told her I just drank 32oz a few hours ago, she said thats probably what helped push it through to the bladder so quikly. Well glad I had drugs and water to help push it through the toughest part, although I think for most of it it was drug free.

The nurse asked if I took any vitamins with minerals or had alot of calcium in my diet. I told her how I started taking vitamins since beginning my diet in April. She said that vitamins w/ minerals and also alot of calcium are a big contributing factor towards kidney stones! Go figure! Just thought I'd give everyone the heads up, not saying everyone will get them but if you have a family history of them it increases your chances!

I'm 23, have a really good diet, drink plenty of water, hardly ever soda or anything else, this shouldn't have happened to me but thank goodness its not appendicis, although my fiance is flyout out next week and i would have preferred to have a little cut to heal up then be out of my game when she visits, luckily its almost gone!

Wow this is long, sorry Im still pretty drugged up, and just rambling, just thought I'd pass on the vitamin thing the dotor and nurse told me, I HATE hospitals and my fiance knew when I called her barely able to talk I was going something was wrong, but actually once I got the drugs in me it was a really good experience compared to my past memorys that haunt me!

Sorry again for the long post, Im a talkative drunk, I guess I like to type while on hospital drugs! Thanks for reading my novel!!!:heart::drinker:

Replies

• barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Well I had an interesting night....

I was at work, just got done eatting dinner an hour before then all the sudden it felt like I got kicked in the balls. Then about 30 minutes later I had excrutiating pain in my abdomenal area, sharp,. At first I thought it may be trapped gas or something, tried to rectify the matter still no avail. Started to worry, pain got worse, I could barely talk and collapsed in the office while researching possible casues.

Me not being a hospital goer I knew my chicken was cooked. Well I made it to the hospital, collapsed from pain in the lobby shortly after finding out I had about an hour and a half wait! Next thing you know they're drawing blood, ,IV, drugging me up ( thank god!! ) and telling my it appears to be appendicidis and they need to operate immeadiatly after a quick mri to confirm it wasnt my kidneys. Now Im freaking all by myself with no family or friends here in Fargo, luckily I was drugged highly!

Well at the last second after flashing about 10 nurses by accident ( dam robes, meat peekers, I played it off saying, lady's I know I have that calvin klien body but in my defense right now Im not feeling good!) Then one responded " I think hes good on drugs for awhile" and giggled! Well turns out I have a 1MM kidney stone, which to my luck I suppose by the time I got the MRI surprisingly made it to my bladder!!!

The nurse asked if I drink alot of water, I told her I just drank 32oz a few hours ago, she said thats probably what helped push it through to the bladder so quikly. Well glad I had drugs and water to help push it through the toughest part, although I think for most of it it was drug free.

The nurse asked if I took any vitamins with minerals or had alot of calcium in my diet. I told her how I started taking vitamins since beginning my diet in April. She said that vitamins w/ minerals and also alot of calcium are a big contributing factor towards kidney stones! Go figure! Just thought I'd give everyone the heads up, not saying everyone will get them but if you have a family history of them it increases your chances!

I'm 23, have a really good diet, drink plenty of water, hardly ever soda or anything else, this shouldn't have happened to me but thank goodness its not appendicis, although my fiance is flyout out next week and i would have preferred to have a little cut to heal up then be out of my game when she visits, luckily its almost gone!

Wow this is long, sorry Im still pretty drugged up, and just rambling, just thought I'd pass on the vitamin thing the dotor and nurse told me, I HATE hospitals and my fiance knew when I called her barely able to talk I was going something was wrong, but actually once I got the drugs in me it was a really good experience compared to my past memorys that haunt me!

Sorry again for the long post, Im a talkative drunk, I guess I like to type while on hospital drugs! Thanks for reading my novel!!!:heart::drinker:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Well glad to hear it all ended well.

I think healthy diet plus vitamins is a bad move
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    glad to hear you're feeling better, or at least it was as bad as it could have been

:flowerforyou:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear everything turned out for you and that you were able to pass it. The procedures for removing them aren't always fun. My dad always had kidney stones (and he was never a big milk drinker and definitely not a person who was healthy by any means). They say it's the closest a man ever gets to knowing how a woman feels while giving birth. Now you'll have a new appreciation for your wife when you have children :) Take care of yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say "poor you"! I have had kidney stones (and a baby---and yes, they are both extremely painful) so I know how you feel. I woke up in the middle of the night with pain so bad that it made me throw up and my husband had to call the doctor to our house!

Rest, because you will be sore for a while!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    welp, im glad you pulled through :) I've never had a kidney stone, but i have had multiple gall stones (before they finally pulled that sucker out!) and all that i know, is that i wish i had been drugged up when i had to deal with those! ( i went through about 4 before they figured out what was wrong with me!!)

anyway! so glad you are on the path to recovery!!!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    UGH! Poor you! Sorry to hear about that night...
    :flowerforyou:

Yikes - now I'm scared about my vitamins! I take calcium/mag/D plus a B-complex and a multi! Maybe I should re-think it!
    :noway:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Yowch!!

I'm not a huge fan of hospitals, myself- glad you didn't have to have surgery, though!
    Hope you feel better soon , you'll be dusting those boots off in no time... :wink:

*hugs*

Manda:heart:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Eesshh!!! What a night!!!

Glad you were able to get it taken care of!! And hope you are feeling much better!

Thanks for the info!!! (and the story of flashing the nurses gave me a chuckle)

Take care!!

HUG!
    Tam
  • trishastarr
    Options
    Oh my goodness... it is scary to think that something that we think is good for us ( vitamins and calcium) can cause something so painful!

Glad you are feeling ok now though!
    :happy:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Ouch! What a sin!!
    My dad had one and that is the ONLY time I saw him look like he was gonna pass out from pain! OWOWOW!
    Drink lots of cranberry juice from now on, the Dr. told my dad it helps them NOT to form!
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    take time recovering too!:smile:
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Well thanks everyone for all the help and support! I am pretty drained right now as I went right back to work from the E.R. againist my higherup's advice ( That was a fun phone conversation at 1am drugged) Needless to say I won. I only have another guy with me here temporary assigned here, he works 12 i work 12, he just worked 14. They were about to fire the jet up and have a fill in here but thats wasted money for just a day or two of coverage, which I only would need if I didnt get out of the hospital.

I'm dumping my vitamins in the garbage, but hey, guess what today is? ITS RIB FEST DAY!!!!!!! Yea I am fully prepared to cash this day in to eating all the different ribs from around the world, I was planning on running for an hour before I go but I don't feel that awesome about exercising right now until I pass my child, which reminds me.....

WOMAN, MY HATS OFF TO YOU!!! The way you wonderful ladies put up with so much pain to give birth is amazing! I will no longer poke fun ( ok I can't fully promise ) that the guy does all the work! The nurse said its like giving birth for a man except we dont dialate, but same proportion I think!

Thanks so much, I can't wait to crash out soon, but I think that will be after ribfest today! You are all awesome! I almost wished I got my appendix out so I could count that as some weightloss! LOL just kidding.....

Pat:heart::flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • tparkin
    tparkin Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    7508.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

My husband had kidney stones right around the same age as you. I remember the pain he was in. He had a very hard time passing them though so he ended up in the hospital for a week until they decided to put a stint in. My husband couldn't last very long with the stint though so he ended up back in the hospital for surgery. He thanks god for Torodol! and canadian health care. I can even imagine what your hospital bills cost.

I hope you feel better soon, I feel for your pain and my husband says OUCH!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I am so glad everything came out ok!!

So do they think you will have any more instances of this? Do you have to go back and get any more tests done?

Enjoy a couple ribs for me today too!! Nuffin too spicey though... my stomach is a wimp :laugh:

And make sure you get ur rest that you need mister!!!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Awwww...that's terrible. Hope u feel better...:flowerforyou: Can you share some of those drugs please....:laugh:

7047.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    So glad you're on the mend. The same thing happened to my brother-in-law. Enjoy the ribs....I think you've earned them.:flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! Pretty scary. Well I'm glad your feeling better. :flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I agree....you definitely earned a guilt free consumption of ribs!!! Enjoy and glad to hear your spirits are up and your pants are on!!! Flashing the nurses...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hope the baby passes quickly!
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Dude, U just described my nightmare. I am sooooo glad U R better.