Recommendation for a decent scale?

Options
I purchased what I thought would be a decent scale (it's digital and cost about $25--I don't recall the brand), but I haven't really been happy with its performance. I can step on it to get a reading, step off and step right back on, and get a different reading--like, SEVERAL POUNDS different. If I move it to different spot on the floor, it'll give me a different reading.

I normally keep it against the wall next to my toilet (I have a very small bathroom), and this morning I stepped on it while it was in that spot, and it told me I was over 193 pounds. (Weighing myself with the scale in that spot forces me to lean slightly to one side.) I moved it to the center of the room, and I had suddenly lost over 4 pounds.

Maybe I'll have these same issues with any digital scale, but I'm wondering if any of you have a recommendation for a scale that you've been really happy with.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• irtata43
    irtata43 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a battery operated scale as well. My house is off the ground and my floors get rather cold. When it does I have the same problem, the battery gets cold and takes a bit bf it warms and give me an accurate reading. I find if I place it in front of the heater it helps keep the battery warm and I have less problems.
  • AmBriCo
    AmBriCo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I Love my Tanita scale they are a bit pricey but I love it!!
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Ah, interesting. I hadn't even thought of that as a possible cause. Thank you.
  • Thorneapple
    Options
    I bought an Ozteri from Amazon.com. I really like it. It measures weight, BF%, Hydration, Muscle mass, and bone mass
  • fatBgone80
    Options
    I bought one from Wal-Mart, & I had the same problem with it, then I realized that the carpet in my house makes a difference on what the scale says. I have to be on tiles because the foam from the carpet makes the scale show a lesser weight.

I know that didnt answer your question, but I thought maybe it would help with your problem so you didnt have to spend more morney.
    :flowerforyou:
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    I keep my scale centered on one tile because of the same variances... If I move it to a different tile, still centered, I'll get a different weight. I figure keeping it on the same tile at least I can see consistency even if it turns out not to be exact loss.. or gain... lol.
    I'm gonna upgrade soon I think, cause I just don't like the battery in this one, costs almost as much as the scale did, so that's annoying~