Too much fiber???

Options
I've always eaten a lot of fiber (between 25-35g a day) but lately I have been getting 35-45g a day (completely unintentionally) and have been having problems... well... ya know :blushing:

I drink atleast 64z of water a day, if not much more (its pretty much the only thing I drink). I don't think I need more fiber, but I'm confused.... I thought fiber was supposed to make things flow a little smoother LOL? Whats up?

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I've always eaten a lot of fiber (between 25-35g a day) but lately I have been getting 35-45g a day (completely unintentionally) and have been having problems... well... ya know :blushing:

I drink atleast 64z of water a day, if not much more (its pretty much the only thing I drink). I don't think I need more fiber, but I'm confused.... I thought fiber was supposed to make things flow a little smoother LOL? Whats up?
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    because there is a difference between enough and too much-- Also you should check your proten intake if your eating too much protein it could how can I say this lock up traffic lol..
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Might want to drink more fluids if eating that much fiber, too. 64 ozs is the minimum--I've read that when trying to lose weight, you drink at least 64 ozs plus an extra 8 oz. for every 25 pounds you want to lose.