How many calories are burned during ab class?

cclala
cclala Posts: 190 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
How do you guys measure core conditioning type workouts, calorie wise? I just took a 30 minute ab and back class, which involved more than just sit ups (plank, twists, etc--moving from one thing to another quickly.) but the only option in the exercise diary is sit ups.

Replies

• cflorkie
    cflorkie Posts: 92 Member
    I put all my ab workouts under sit ups, vigourous (for the right amount of time) it's a close enough estimate for me, and I'd rather have it lower than what I actually burned, than higher and eating back more calories.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I've tracked my P90X Ab Ripper X separately and found that I average 100 calories for the 16 minute program. Do you have a HRM?
  • cclala
    I put all my ab workouts under sit ups, vigourous (for the right amount of time) it's a close enough estimate for me, and I'd rather have it lower than what I actually burned, than higher and eating back more calories.

Good point. Although I also don't want to feel like I'm low balling myself after all that hard work, either! Ha, I love the fretting over 20-50 calories. Sigh.

Thanks!
  • cclala
    I've tracked my P90X Ab Ripper X separately and found that I average 100 calories for the 16 minute program. Do you have a HRM?

I don't, alas.
This discussion has been closed.