How much is too much?

lindsay03811
lindsay03811 Posts: 46
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
So, I decided I am not happy with my progess and am going to push myself further... This might sound like a stupid question, but how much is to much exercise? Is there every too much? I currently do exercise every day for AT LEAST an hour in the evenings, whether it is Zumba or Boot Camp at the gym. I decided I am going to wake up and start doing some sort of exercise before work.. I recently ordered the 30 Day Shred Video, so depending on the length.. do that in the morning. I actually don't know if what I am asking makes any sense what so ever... I just need to loose more!!!

Replies

• polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    It sounds like your obsessing and you want quick results. If you get to stressed over that you could be doing more harm then good. Its a process and what you see on biggest loser isnt typicel and you dont have 200 pounds to lose. So whats your plan? Workout more and eat even less? or what are you going to do with all those extra burned calories?
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I'm sure a expert will pipe in by IMO you can exercise too much. Your diet needs to be in balance with your exercise to not go into starvation mode. Too, you can overtrain and get muscle fatigue and injury. Instead of doing an hour each night - I'd do two or three days of strength training with weights. You may also want to do yoga to balance your mind and body.
  • It sounds like your obsessing and you want quick results. If you get to stressed over that you could be doing more harm then good. Its a process and what you see on biggest loser isnt typicel and you dont have 200 pounds to lose. So whats your plan? Workout more and eat even less? or what are you going to do with all those extra burned calories?

Maybe not obsessing, but I would say I do want quick results.. and yes I know it is not going to happen. But in all truths, I am confused on the RIGHT/WRONG things to do....For example, what you and I discussed yesterday.. I talked to my trainer and he is like.. ur on the right track but cut out a little bit.. I am thinking I CUT OUT almost everything, and already staying way under 1220 a day! Im just confused. sorry!
  • Start by exercising in the morning, that is the best time for you to burn the most fat (make sure you are on an empty tummy). Just watch what you eat and how you eat it. Getting fat did not happen over night and neither will getting thin! It takes time. My boss man said if getting thin was easy everyone would be! Hang in there it will happen! The problem with over working out you will get burned out and you need to make it as fun as possible to stick with it!!!! You also need a day of rest or your body will hate you!
  • LMac423
    LMac423 Posts: 82
    If you are going to do two-a-days (workout in the AM & PM) then you will definitely need to start taking in a lot more calories. I am a triathlete/runner and almost always have really long workouts, but to counter that I eat enough to keep myself fueled, which is really important! If you aren't training for something, though, then you need to watch how much you are doing. Try not to just do all cardio, either. Adding in weights is a great way to lose more weight. Don't be scared of them! Gaining muscle boosts your metabolism because it takes more out of your body to keep up the maintenance on your muscles than it does on fat! Good lucK! =)
  • TORNATO1
    TORNATO1 Posts: 52 Member
    Your doing fine! I personally think that if you work out too much you can potentially burn your self out. I have been sticking with 4 days a week. I never feel burned out and always want to go back for more. Patience grasshopper it will happen! You are very dedicated, just stay on that path.
  • If you are going to do two-a-days (workout in the AM & PM) then you will definitely need to start taking in a lot more calories. I am a triathlete/runner and almost always have really long workouts, but to counter that I eat enough to keep myself fueled, which is really important! If you aren't training for something, though, then you need to watch how much you are doing. Try not to just do all cardio, either. Adding in weights is a great way to lose more weight. Don't be scared of them! Gaining muscle boosts your metabolism because it takes more out of your body to keep up the maintenance on your muscles than it does on fat! Good lucK! =)

I consider the ZUMBA my cardio, and when I go the boot camp, it is a lot of weight training.. Mainly all weight training, with a little bit of cardio --So I am definitly getting the mix between the two! And THANKS:)
This discussion has been closed.