Blueberry Beer Tilapia and Apples

Options
So made this for dinner the other night and loved it. Been getting some good ideas from this forum, so I thought I'd share one of mine.

Both of these recipes use Wild Blue Blueberry Lager, which I get at Kroger. The alcohol cooks out, of course.

Blueberry Beer Tilapia

1 - 2 Tilapia fillets (depending on how many you want)
About 2 oz Wild Blue Blueberry Lager (to taste -- I eyeballed mine, found that 2 oz was plenty for the 1 fillet I made)
1 tsp dried cilantro
1 tsp lemon juice
sea salt

Cook in skillet on medium heat with olive oil. I used a cast iron skillet. Heat skillet, add fillets. While cooking on first side, add your first ounce of beer. Let it cook down a little and add the cilantro. After first side is cooked, flip fish and add second ounce of beer. BEFORE it cooks down, add your lemon juice. Remove from heat and sprinkle lightly with sea salt before the fish cools. Serves 1.

And if you think that sounds good, try this one with it...

Blueberry Beer Spiced Apples

I did this in the same skillet at the tilapia above, but I see no reason why they couldn't be prepared separately

1/3 of a small Gala apple, peeled, cored, and cubed
About 2 oz Wild Blue Blueberry Lager (again, eyeballed this -- add or subtract as needed)
Pumpkin Pie Spice

Grill in skillet, medium heat. Pour beer over apple pieces and let cook down. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice for flavor. Cook to a desirable point -- just barely browned mine. Serves 1.

Both of these are very easy to do, very quick, and low-cal. 1 tilapia fillet with this recipe is 143 calories and the apples are 70 calories. Both recipes have more than enough room to play with, so feel free to experiment with whatever until you find a version you like. I REALLY enjoyed mine.

Replies

• REman
    REman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing. I think I'll give it a shot this weekend. Thanks for the recipe!
  • mikeveggie68
    Options
    Thanks, I love tilapia, my favorite fruit is blueberry, and goes with out saying my feelings for beer :drinker: so I will do both recipes
  • Tomlette
    Options
    Just a bump