Hi - new here

Options
Hi everyone,

My niece has been using myfitness pal and doing wll, so I thought I might try it. I've been struggling with losing weight since I got older. I'm 53 and my metabolism is terrible. I weigh 138 lbs, but I really want to be at 125. I lost the weight last year by eating a lot less and exercising half hour twice a day. Since then I developed leg pain and quit walking, then I went on a cruise, and the holidays came, and you know how it is. I've finally been diagnosed with hip arthritis, I can't seem to take the NSAIDs because of bad side effects, so I think I'm just going to learn to live with the pain. It's not unbearable. But I'm having a really hard time getting motivated again to diet. I got so tired of not being able to eat the good food that I like. I'm trying again, but I'm always hungry. I'm also just starting walking on my lunch hour again, and I ordered a folding recumbent bike at Walmart. I can't use the treadmill at home anymore because my daughter moved back in so I figure I can ride the bike while watching TV. But I've been doing this all my life, and I'm getting tired of it. I always say I'm going to start a healthy lifestyle, I do good till I finally get sick of not eating what I really like (chocolate and sweets, lol) Wish me luck.

Kathy