My Favorite Protein Shake

Options
M'mmmm....my favorite protein shake: Pure Protein, and I love the frosty chocolate (next time, I'm going to try strawberry). Due to medical reasons, I need to follow a high-protein/low-carb regimen so this is perfect for me. One scoop equals the following: 140 calories, 4 carbs, 3 fat, 25 protein. I like the powder way better than the cans. I whip it up in my magic bullet for about 30 seconds and for even more protein and taste, I add a bit of peanut butter sometimes. Of course, this adds extra carbs (and everything else), though, so I only do that on days when I'll be working out. I'm also very sensitive to artificial sweeteners and this one doesn't bother me at all or have that nasty after taste.

Replies

• thewahs
    Options
    have you tried PB2...it is powder peanut butter available through bell plantations....it is delicious in smoothies and shakes for a fraction of the fat and calories!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I've had the pre mixed ones so where did you find the powder????
  • kysmet
    kysmet Posts: 9
    Options
    @thewahs - I haven't tried it but it sounds interesting. Thanks!
  • kysmet
    Options
    @bethvandenberg - I get it at Target or my local grocery store. Vitamin Shoppe has it it too but it's more expensive there. The canned is too syrupy for me and doesn't taste as good, imo.
  • mkrafick
    Options
    I've been using:
    Super Advanced Whey Protien by Body Fortress
    (Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Cookies and Cream)

$14.00 at Wal-Mart for a 2lb jug of Powder.

I HATE whey drinks because of the taste - but this one tastes just like a shake, no nasty aftertaste. I usually mix it with 2% Milk or Soymilk for the additional protien. Mix in Peanut butter, strawberrys or banannas, or even a small shot of chocolate syrup after a workout.

1 Scoop (not including Milk) - 140Cal; 2g Fat; 4g Carbs; 26g Protien
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I really like the Pure Protein because it's so low on carbs. And I too normally don't like the stuff b/c of the "chalky" taste. Thanks for all the input. We don't have a walmart in my town plus I'm trying to not shop there. You know the whole China and outsourcing thing. :)
  • kysmet
    Options
    @bethvandenberg - Definitely check out Target then if you have one around there. Your grocery store may carry it as well.
  • kysmet
    Options
    Thanks, mkrafick, I'll check that one out too.